This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Living Miracles 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 7:02 pm #4079293

Living Miracles

I am trying to: Update our "WPML Multilingual CMS" plugin to version 4.2.7.1 from version 4.2.6. However, this most recent update is not showing up in ManageWP (hidden link) or in the "Plugins" area in the backend of our hidden link or hidden link production sites. This update did show up, though, in both ManageWP and the "Plugins" area of our acim.mobi staging site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (this is in the "Plugins" area in the backend of the site).

I expected to see: A "There is a new version of WPML Multilingual CMS available. View version 4.2.7.1 details or update now." notice at the bottom of the "WPML Multilingual CMS" row in the "Plugins" area.

Instead, I got: Nothing. It does not show the update. It looks as if it is fully up-to-date being at version 4.2.6 on the production site. I also was not seeing it on our livingmiracles.gr either, however, I was able to "force" the update to show by going in the backend of the site to Plugins > WPML Multilingual CMS > Registered and then clicking on the "Check for updates" button. I don't feel that we should have to do this moving forward, though, as we haven't needed to do this before.

June 24, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4079629

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please let me know if you find any significant differences between the site where you saw the update notification and the sites where you did not. Thanks!

June 26, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4093853

Living Miracles

Hi Lauren,

It seems that this could be a server side issue but we don't have control over that due to these sites being hosted on GoDaddy Managed WordPress.

After connecting with my colleagues about this, the site configuration is the same between the acim.mobi staging and production site except that the production site is running through Sucuri Firewall and the staging site is not. So that is the only possibly significant difference that we are aware of.

Thank you!

June 27, 2019 at 12:25 pm #4099989

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Could you please provide the logs of what Sucuri Firewall is blocking? or try whitelisting wpml.org and its subdomains and see if that makes any difference. Let me know if there is any change.

July 8, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4165033

Living Miracles

Thank you for your help. We are not feeling to continue troubleshooting this issue for now. We will just wait and see what happens during the next update.