This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 52 replies, has 19 voices.

Last updated by Amit 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit.

Author Posts
July 11, 2018 at 3:50 pm #2487502

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

@columnD using the same image from the original post as you did in 4.0.3 will no longer work. You should be able to duplicate the image, and in the translated page, there is a check box to duplicate the image from the original page. This does not make another copy of the image, just another entry in the database for the translated version. That entry will hold the translated meta info. If it is not working, please try the workaround mentioned here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/new-wpml-4-0-4-beta-solves-media-issues/page/3/#post-2486610

July 12, 2018 at 6:35 am #2488622

shun-chengF

I think this bring more issues? Shouldn't there be options for us if we choose not to duplicate medias? I am having a lot of issues with the latest version of WPML. We are using S3 offload too which seems to break as those images are not on local.

July 12, 2018 at 8:32 am #2488949

Paul Giraudon

Hi, Lauren, I'm sorry but it's not resolved. Our Thumbnail size is 150 px yet. Do you have an other idea ? WPML says "Le chargement de l'éditeur d'image a échoué" and I can't access to the fields behind the image...

July 12, 2018 at 6:28 pm #2490514

columD

I agree with @shun-chengf. I have thousands of images and maybe only 50 images need to be duplicated. Are the changes finalized and this is what it is going forward? I don't want it to happen again where you have added a working feature then take it away.

July 13, 2018 at 3:19 pm #2492405

danielD-8

This update still does solve media issues. We have an image gallery that we copy from one page to the translated page and it shows "no items found" in most gallery images. Tried all the settings (translate/don't translate/fall back) as well as erasing wpml cache and still not working. It used to work before the 4 update.