Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Newest WPML Media, Multilingual CMS & String Translation compatible with Avada?

Solution: Suggested following steps and it worked

1) Upgrade to WPML 3.5.2 after a full site backup 2) Then visit WPML>>Theme and plugins localization and confirm *Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation* option is selected for *Select how to translate strings in the theme and plugins* 3) Visit the front end and confirm the string translation is working for you

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by osamuW 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 1, 2016 at 3:48 pm #1053986

osamuW

I am trying to: Update WPML plugins because titles in the French versions of my blogs are no longer appearing after the last WP update

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link (just an example - titles aren't appearing in ANY French versions of blogs)

I expected to see: blog with French title

Instead, I got: blog with NO title

WPML Compatibility.JPG
September 2, 2016 at 6:12 am #1054847

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the support team. We are happy to help you.

Please take a full site backup. Then upgrade to the latest version of WordPress(4.6) and WPML(3.5.1.1) and confirm the issue exists or not.

You can upgrade in the following order to avoid the upgrade issues. You can upgrade up to WPML 3.5 manually by uploading to wp-content/plugins folder(deactivate plugins before uploading latest version, then activate it). Then you can upgrade to 3.5.1.1 automatically from WP Dashboard.

WPML 3.3.5 >> 3.4.1>>3.5

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm #1080120

osamuW

Could you please help me to figure out what has happened to the French translation of all the elements highlighted in yellow in the various images below?
hidden link
hidden link

These all appeared in French at one point. This may happened when I updated WPML plugins. I’ve gone into the String Translations and searched high and low, entering the translations wherever I could, but none of my changes seem to correct the problem of how these are appearing on the screen…

We have:
URL: vanierinstitute.ca
WordPress 4.6.1
Theme: Avada v 4.0.3 (hidden link)
WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.5.1.1
WPML String Translation Version 2.4.1.1

image003.png
image001.png
September 15, 2016 at 5:57 am #1080819

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for the issue. Please visit WPML>>Themes and Plugins Localization and confirm *Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation* option of *Select how to translate strings in the theme and plugins* section is selected or not(like the attached image).

If not, please take a backup and switch to *Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation* option.

--
With Regards

Bigul

2016-09-15_1125.png
September 15, 2016 at 1:33 pm #1081730

osamuW

As you noted, *Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation* was not selected. However, the Save button doesn't work. I used Safari and Chrome. Is this a bug?

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 9.31.08 AM.png
September 16, 2016 at 8:17 am #1082914

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Please check you are getting any JavaScript errors after clicking the *Save* button. "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" option should be selected for the proper working of WPML String Translation.

In some cases, it will take more time to complete the save operations. Please wait for few minutes after clicking the *Save* button and confirm

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 19, 2016 at 12:15 pm #1087326

osamuW

Still the Save button doesn't work. I get no JavaScript error either. I can give you a login credential so that you can take a peek at it.

September 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm #1088234

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access your Dashboard for further checking. Check the following links for more details about private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, can I make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue in my local.

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 20, 2016 at 5:23 pm #1090617

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

We have released the new version of WPML(3.5.2). Please upgrade to the latest version of WPML after a full site backup and confirm the issue exists or not.

If not, please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access your Dashboard for further checking. Check the following links for more details about private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, can I make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue in my local.

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm #1093073

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the log in details. I have just downloaded the duplicator package. Will debug it tomorrow and update you the status. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 22, 2016 at 12:07 pm #1094711

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

It is working for me now local with your duplicator copy when I upgraded to the latest version of WPML(3.5.2). Please check attached images for more details.

Please try following steps after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Upgrade to WPML 3.5.2 after a full site backup
2) Then visit WPML>>Theme and plugins localization and confirm *Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation* option is selected for *Select how to translate strings in the theme and plugins*
3) Visit the front end and confirm the string translation is working for you

--
With Regards

Bigul

2016-09-22_1735.png
2016-09-22_1735_001.png
September 25, 2016 at 2:46 am #1098778

osamuW

Thanks for your prompt response always! I have updated the plugins however, the Save button is now working after "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" option is selected. If it is working on your end, can you select it and save it for me?

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 10.42.07 PM.png
September 25, 2016 at 2:55 am #1098790

osamuW

Never mind. It is working now. Thank you.