Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 22, 2020 at 10:06 am #5966781

vadimP

Hi,

I'm using this newsletter plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/newsletter/

1. I've had issue with redirection to correct language after subscription and followed instructions here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wrong-language-referring-newsletter-plugin/
This solved redirection problem, but now part of the widget can't be translated. Privacy compliance text and button text can't be found in Strings.
Example: hidden link

2. I need to embed this newsletter widget on the website using a code rather than a wordpress widget. Newsletter plugin provides the code, however after inserting it the same problem with redirection comes up - after subscribing user always gets redirected to EN version of the site.
Example: hidden link

April 23, 2020 at 9:05 am #5974677

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Vadim,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

As I understand from your message, the redirect works fine now, based on the language you are using, but the strings are not translated, am I right? If yes, could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Once we sort this out, we'll have a look at the embed code that you're trying to use too.

Thanks,
Radu

April 26, 2020 at 7:28 pm #5997645

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vadim,

Can you go now to WPML → String translation and translate the strings that you were looking for, please? They are now available here. I added the translation for the abonnieren word in English, just for a test, and it works fine here:
hidden link

Thanks,
Radu

April 26, 2020 at 7:59 pm #5997709

vadimP

Hi Radu,

Thank you, this is sorted now. Translations are done and redirection works as expected on job vacancy pages.

Could you advise on the second issue I mentioned in my first message?
Same newsletter widget is added here (bottom of the page) via code: hidden link
Redirection doesn't work here - always redirects to English version instead of Russian (same for German version).

April 28, 2020 at 11:33 am #6011561

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vadim,

Can you try again the form from the Russian page, please? I just checked it now and I got redirected to this page:
hidden link

It seems that the links on the custom HTML that you're using were not the right ones. Instead of
hidden link

for the action argument of the form, you needed to have
hidden link

respectively
hidden link

Thanks,
Radu

April 28, 2020 at 6:40 pm #6015023

vadimP

Hi Radu,

Thank you for your help - form redirection on the frontpage now works. However now that I check newsletter form inside job vacancy page (for example: hidden link) it come back with "too quick" error.
Could you please see why this happens?

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 21.37.46.png
April 29, 2020 at 6:08 am #6017571

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vadim,

I tried to use the newsletter form on this page (the one you attached has expired):
hidden link

and it worked very well. I'm not familiar with this message about being too quick, but maybe this is a limitation added by the plugin authors. Can you try to reach out to them and ask about this?
I tried to submit to both English and Russian version of the job listing and everything worked fine.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Newsletter plugin widget can't be fully translated via String translation’ is closed to new replies.