Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Using the "next_posts_link" secondary language link is not correct, throws the page 404 error not found.

Solution: If you are using a custom post type, you must translate the slugs of the page.

- On the WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup - Click on the "Custom posts slug translation options" - Select the "Translate custom posts slugs (via WPML String Translation)." option - Scroll down and look for the "Custom posts" - Check the "Use different slugs in different languages for ..." - Translate the slug of the URL

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-2 4 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 31, 2016 at 9:48 am #1043404

thomasS-2

On the page Presse I have a post query with navigation that works well on German (orig language) and in English.
hidden link and
hidden link

URL of website where problem appears:
hidden link throws an 404 Error

All the Posts are translated and I can not figure out why the same code does not work on french.

Thanks

August 31, 2016 at 1:49 pm #1046767

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us.

This is a normal post or is a custom post type? If it is a custom post type, have you translated the slug "press" in French?

Also, please, click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for 'Clean up' and click on these buttons:
-- Clear the cache in WPML
-- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
-- Fix element_type collation
-- Set language information

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

September 2, 2016 at 7:03 am #1054950

thomasS-2

Hi,

thanks, you pointed me into the right direction. The slug of the french overview page was exactly the same with the category base slug. I've changed it and now all works well.

thanks