This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 12:43 am

justinH-19

I am trying to: have the form labels, options (dropdown/select fields), errors and buttons auto or manual translate.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Field labels, options, errors and buttons in Chinese.

Instead, I got: Remains in English.

We have searched the forums and tried recommended methods such as String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens », then ticking Ninja Form options and Applying, but nothing seems to work.

June 13, 2019 at 8:42 am #4010749

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please increase the WP Memory Limit (your current setting is 40M). Minimum requirements are 128Mb:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Also, I would like to recommend you to increase your max input vars, currently it has a value of 1000 in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support section.
Please, try to increase it to 5000. You might need some assistance from your host to properly set this up.

See:
hidden link
hidden link

Then try to search for the strings again in WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens », select the strings and click 'Apply' and translate them completely in WPML > String Translation table.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 14, 2019 at 2:32 am #4017693

justinH-19

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply. I saw a few of them appear under the domain 'keyboardpro'. I manually translated those terms and then added the following to functions.php:

function filter_ninja_forms_localize_fields( $field ) { 
    if( is_array($field['settings']) && array_key_exists("label", $field['settings']) ){
        $field['settings']['label'] = esc_html__( $field['settings']['label'], "keyboardpro"); 
    }
    return $field; 
}
add_filter( 'ninja_forms_localize_fields', 'filter_ninja_forms_localize_fields', 10, 1 ); 

This seemed to help and they're not displaying, although dropdown fields and the upload button are not translating or available to translate. See the form here: hidden link

I have found these values in the database under: wp_nf3_field_meta. Is there a way to add this table to be translated into strings?

Labels that have translated were found in the database under wp_icl_strings.

Thank you

June 14, 2019 at 7:25 am #4018921

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your updates.

As far as I know. WPML String Translation can only translate strings stored in 'wp_options' table.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Could you tell us if that would also be the case if you update your Ninja Forms plugin to latest version?

I would like to mention that the Ninja Forms plugin is not in our plugins compatibility list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible it just means that our compatibility team hasn't tested it yet.

To confirm this, we have to reproduce the issue on a clean install so I have created a test site for you. You can now access it using the link below.

hidden link

Could you please upload your updated plugin, if possible try to replicate the issue. You do not have to recreate your site, just install the minimum necessary to reproduce the problem.

Please let me know once done so I can go and check. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Ninja Forms not translating’ is closed to new replies.