Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
March 25, 2015 at 10:26 am #587467

alexanderK-8

You can check the issue here: hidden link
In Latvian language I can add to cart any variable product
In English & Russian language only Color:White variation is available for adding to cart.
I uploaded screenshots to describe the problem

March 25, 2015 at 8:15 pm #587984

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

First, could you please update the WPML plugin and addons?

Then, can you go to WMPL > WooCommerce Multilingual and click on the "troubleshooting page" link at the bottom? On the next page, tick "Sync products variations" and click on "Start".

Does this solves the issue?

Regards,
Pierre

March 25, 2015 at 8:30 pm #587991

alexanderK-8

Hello, Pierre.
My plugins already were updated.
At the troubleshooting page i synced all items (hidden link), but problem still persists
hidden link

March 26, 2015 at 12:19 pm #588463

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please, take a full database backup. You can use the Duplicator plugin (available on the public WordPress repository).

Regards,
Pierre

March 26, 2015 at 12:53 pm #588495

alexanderK-8

I created full backup of my files and DB
access is below

March 26, 2015 at 12:56 pm #588497

alexanderK-8

please, give me an e-mail address to send you access data

March 26, 2015 at 1:34 pm #588535

Pierre
Supporter

The next reply will be set as private.
Just fill the needed fields.

Regards,
Pierre

March 26, 2015 at 5:07 pm #588742

Pierre
Supporter

Thanks for the details.

In the attached screenshot, you will see the outdated plugins from WPML. The problems you are facing may have been fixed with the latest plugins versions. So, I would advise you to upgrade all these plugins.

I tried to fix the issue with the WPML troubleshooting options but with no success.

There's something unusual in the "Apmetnis ar kapuci dažādās krāsās" product. On the latvian version, we have 5 product variations. But on the english version, we have a lot more variations (see attached screenshots).

Can you try create again this product from scratch and then to create translations again? Do you still have the issue?

Regards,
Pierre

March 26, 2015 at 6:01 pm #588781

alexanderK-8

I cannot update these plugins.
When i try to deactivate them, wp-admin stops working and i receive blank screen. After that entire wp-admin section doesn't work. I restored my DB from backup right now and wp-admin works file again. But the issue with product variations is still there.

I tried to create new variable product with different colours. It works fine.
But i'm worry about disability to update WPML , that crushes entire admin section...

Here is DB backup file
hidden link

March 26, 2015 at 6:13 pm #588787

Pierre
Supporter

To deactivate and unistall WPML, you can just remove the plugin folder in wp-content/plugins.

Then I would suggest you to update it manually following these steps:

==>Backup your website and database<==

-Deactivate/Delete the "installer" plugin (if you have it).
-Deactivate all WPML plugins.
-Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.
-Delete all WPML folders.
-Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it. (WPML 3.1.8.4)
-Upload the plugin via FTP to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
(alternatively you could upload the .zip folder using Dashboard > Plugins > new > upload)
-Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > plugins
-Complete the setup, if needed
-Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, clic on "generate key" button)
-Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS
-Clic on the blue link that says "Registered"
-Download and activate all needed WPML AdOn Plugins

This should not generate any problems.

In case you want to register WPML for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wpml.org (something like hidden link)

Please let me know if this works

In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-WPML Plugins deactivated.

==> make sure all previously sites are deleted in wpml.org > my sites

Now, as you managed to create and translate a variable product and it's working fine, some tables in your database maybe corrupted. Do you have other products with the same problem?

Regards,
Pierre

March 26, 2015 at 6:50 pm #588811

alexanderK-8

I updated all WPML plugins to their latest version.
No effect on issue.
I checked other variable products. They all have the same bug. It looks like random - in different languages, different variations are available for adding to cart.

March 26, 2015 at 7:38 pm #588846

Pierre
Supporter

If you re-activate my temporary access, I can have a look at your database. I will check the example product "Apmetnis ar kapuci dažādās krāsās" to see if we have something relevant and we can in someway re-connect the attributes.

Regards,
Pierre

March 27, 2015 at 12:21 pm #589305

alexanderK-8

I restored your wp-admin account.
Please check whats wrong with these variable products..

March 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm #589573

Pierre
Supporter

Hello,

When I query the products variations in directly in the database (from "Apmetnis ar kapuci dažādās krāsās" product), I have the same results I have from the back-end (see attached screenshots). The latvian product just has 5 variations and the english product has 30 variations.

Now, in order to correct this, I would suggest to try this process on the "Apmetnis ar kapuci dažādās krāsās" product:
1. Completely remove the translations (remove from trash). You can keep the translated apart not to loose it.
2. From the latvian product, create the translations again in english and in latvian.

Does this process create correct product variations in the translations?

Regards,
Pierre

March 27, 2015 at 5:37 pm #589585

alexanderK-8

Pierre, thanks for you advice.
Yep, after complete removal EN, RU versions of the variable product and regenerating language versions of that product again, "Add to cart" functionality works fine.

So corrupted DB was the case of this bug.

Can you tell me, what is the fastest way to remove all translations for variable product? I want to recreate them again via "WooCommerce Multilingual" plugin.

The topic ‘[Closed] No "Add to cart" button for variable product in non-primary language’ is closed to new replies.