This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by javierR-26 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
September 11, 2017 at 1:44 am

kerrynG

When I login to my wordpress admin, I'm getting this message:

WPML Update is Incomplete

You are running updated sitepress-multilingual-cms, but the following component is not updated:

wpml-string-translation
wpml-translation-management

Your site will not work as it should in this configuration Please update all components which you are using. For WPML components you can receive updates from your WPML.org account or automatically, after you register WPML.

I have registered WPMl, so why has this not updated automatically?

What do I need to do to get it updating everything automatically?

September 11, 2017 at 3:19 pm #1367622

Joanna

Hello @kerryng,

If by automatic updates you mean that WPML and its add-ons will update automatically without any action from your side as soon as the new release is out, then we do not offer such updates. You need to go to Plugins->Installed Plugins or Dashboard->Updates and update our plugins yourself when you're ready to update.
Also, when you update the core plugin, you need to update all add-ons as well because old add-ons are not compatible with a newer version of the core WPML plugin (this is why you get the warning message).

Registration allows you to update our plugin from the admin panel, as opposed to the manual updates via FTP.

July 3, 2019 at 8:31 am #4133243

javierR-26

I have the same problem, and updates links don't appear in WordPress admin panel even I have a registered site.