This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Fangqi 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 2:37 pm #3725683

Fangqi

I am trying to: do changes with my WPML options like which menu bar to have the language switcher, the language name to display, but nothing is changed even when I click 'Apply'.

May 2, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3727185

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It seems you want to apply changes in sidebar language switcher as you can see in the attached screenshot. Could you please make sure you are making changes in WPML >> Languages > Widget language switcher.

If still issue persists, please follow the steps below and let me know how it goes?

- Please make sure minimum requirements for WPML meet:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

- Please make sure you are using an updated version of the theme and plugins.

- Please add the debug report in the Debug Information box. I have also enabled debug info box for your next reply: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

- Please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

May 3, 2019 at 12:49 am #3729633

Fangqi

Hi my interface is quite different from the pic you showed me. There is still no 'debug' option for me. Anyway I tried changing my theme as you said, disabled all plugins, but after that I can no longer activate WPML. It says fatal error. I have switched back to my original Hueman theme, activated plugins again, except WPML which still gives me the same error. It seems that WPML is the one not compatible? Luckily I took a snapshot of the interface I see before the switch. I have included it in this message. And adding this after trying many times to submit my reply: Even replying here is such a pain, it keeps telling me that uploading is in process and I have to wait. And after refreshing a few times and uploading the tiny pic again and again and eventually it gets uploaded completely and I get to submit it, it shows me an error saying 'are you sure you want to do this', and my reply is not recorded. Sigh, I hope this time it goes through...

May 5, 2019 at 6:58 am #3741865

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

=== Please backup your database and website ===

It seems you are using older version of WPML plugins that’s why your interface is different. Please backup your site and update ALL WPML plugins to it's latest versions. You can download it from your account: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

May 5, 2019 at 3:45 pm #3743309

Fangqi

Hi thank you so much!! I thought mine was automatically updated, don't know why and when it stopped updating... Ok so now many of my issues are resolved, but still some minor issues I think, one of them being that the language switcher on my menu bar keeps disappearing. I have set it to appear as the first item on my menu bar. When I set it, it works, but soon it disappears, as in, when I continue browsing, it's gone. Done this several times. I have provided the debug information this time.

May 6, 2019 at 5:26 am #3744847

Fangqi

Hi, it seems that everything is working fine now, even the disappearing switcher. Thank you very much for your help!

May 6, 2019 at 5:27 am #3744849

Fangqi

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!