This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
January 12, 2016 at 12:02 pm #785767

Régis

I am trying to: translate my content in wp-admin

I expected to see: the content to translate (pages, posts, products, etc.)

Instead, I got: nothing! the dashboard do not allow me to see my website content.

I've done that many times on a lot of websites but here, I can't figure out why there is no content in the dashboard.

I can send credentials and/or I'm duplicating the site on a test environement. Tell me what you need.
Thanks in advance!

January 12, 2016 at 1:37 pm #785883

Régis

Maybe an interesting thing. Wp Debug bar tells me there is an error with DB queries: Illegal mix of collations for operation 'UNION'.This happens in a query selecting rows from WPML tables...

January 12, 2016 at 4:04 pm #786070

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hello Régis,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The "Illegal mix of collations" error means that there are different collations in your database tables.

The error will help you to know which tables cause the problem.

The solution is to read the error carefully and and open PHPmyadmin then change the mentioned tables columns collations to the proper one which is "utf8mb4_unicode_ci"

You can mention here the error and I will provide you screen-shots with the proper tables structure.

Please let me know if you are not familiar with that.

Thanks.

January 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm #788146

Régis

Thanks.
It appears there was different collations because on WP update changed the default database collation to utf8mb4_unicode_ci which wasn't supported.
Changing it manually solved the problem.
I can see content in the dashboard.