This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to see featured listings on homepage when the 2nd language switch is selected. Instead, I got: No featured listings on homepage on the 2nd language switch. Solution: Make sure that the featured ads widget has set the language field to All languages.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hlaingM 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 10:47 am #3905803

hlaingM

I am trying to: see featured listings on homepage when the 2nd language switch is ON

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: image attached

I expected to see: the featured listings on homepage when the 2nd language switch is ON.

Instead, I got: No featured listings on homepage when the 2nd language switch is ON.

May 28, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3907577

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

As I can see, an ad needs to be set as featured/sticky from the left side, when it's edited, in order to be displayed on that section of the homepage. In this case, can you check the ads from the secondary language and make sure that this checkbox is marked for at least one of them, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 29, 2019 at 3:58 am #3911637

hlaingM

Hi,

How do I add sticky for the 2nd language?

Are you referring to adding from the back-end? Those ads are NOT supposed to be edited or assisted by the admin. The theme was designed in a way that the users can choose a "Featured listing" option from the FRONT-END by themselves and make it appear in the Featured Listings section of the HOMEPAGE without any assistance from the admin. I want the users' featured ads appear in the same way whether the visitors choose to switch ON default English (or) the 2nd language.

Thanks.

May 30, 2019 at 11:57 am #3922817

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you look for the code that's displaying that section of the homepage and see if the suppress_filters argument of the query is set to true. This way, this section should show the ads from both languages. This argument is telling WPML if it should display the elements from both languages or display the elements from each language (based on which one is selected). Can you check this out, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 30, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3922931

hlaingM

Hi,

I am not a coder. I do not see suppress_filters in featured.php. I only see apply_filters.

If a user chooses a featured ad option to post his/her ad in either language from the front-end, I want his/her featured ad displayed in the featured listings in BOTH languages to the visitors. Thanks.

June 3, 2019 at 1:21 pm #3942701

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Is there any chance that you could send me and archive of the latest version of the ClassPress theme? I want to install it on my computer, add a few featured ads in each language and see if I can do any change to make everything work the way you want. The next reply is private so only I will see the the archive.

Thanks,
Radu

June 3, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3944781

hlaingM

Hi

Yes, where/how do I send you those theme files?

Thanks.

June 5, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3960171

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

You can upload the archive the theme archive to your Google Drive or Dropbox account and send me the link to download it. The next reply is private so the link won't be public.

Thanks,
Radu

June 14, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4022951

hlaingM

Hi, How is it going? I sent you the theme files over a week. I am awaiting your reply. Thank you.

June 17, 2019 at 11:57 am #4035143

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I tried to download the two files you send to me but I don't have access to them. I used the Request access option to be able to download them (and I was waiting for accept from you). Can you tell me if you received this request from Google Drive or can you change the file permissions from Drive, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 17, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4035233

hlaingM

Hi,

It has been nearly 2 weeks already. I did not receive any message regarding the issue with the download.

I have the simple setup at a separate site. I have attached the site credentials by editing the private message sent earlier. Please check that message.

Thanks.

June 17, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4035265

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I requested access for the two archives again. Can you tell me if you received them this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 17, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4035311

hlaingM

Yes, I just received your request and already gave the permission.

June 24, 2019 at 11:53 pm #4080169

hlaingM

Hi,

How is it going? It has been nearly a month already since I opened this ticket. I am awaiting for your reply/update. Please let me if there is any question or issue. Thanks.

June 25, 2019 at 9:02 am #4082479

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I created a clean install of the theme here hidden link and I could see that the featured ads section is displayed on both languages. Also, I checked your website once again and the featured listings section right before latest listings is no longer missing on the second language (hidden link). I think that this the part that was missing from the homepage in the second language, according to the image from your first message, am I right?

Thanks,
Radu