This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 28, 2019 at 12:19 pm #3255122

enricoD-17

Hello, I'm working locally (pc) designing new web shop. All is going pretty well except that my primary categories show the uploaded thumbnail image correctly in the category page headers but secundary languge category pages don't show the image (Bulk Shop theme).

I have tried to opload them manualy in the secundary languge but they do not show up and disappear after saving. In "Products"/Categories" all thumbnails show correctly in the primary language listing but when I switch to secundary language listing all is blank and stays blank whatever I do. See pictures. Can you help me?
Rgds. Noel

March 1, 2019 at 11:27 am #3259966

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I assume you are talking about WooCommerce products categories, i just tested this in my local setup and i had to set the thumbnail_id field as copy in WPML->Settings->Custom Term Meta Translation. See attached image.
Then i had to edit my categories, either through the "quick edit" link or the "edit" link and save to copy the thumbnail_id to its translation. See attached images for the "quick edit" link and form.

I hope this answers your question, let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support