This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 9:19 am #4228061

mattH-22

Im having an issue with images on the translated version of the site, all images still load regularly on the default language however if you go to the French version (/fr) you will see that no images load at all on the page.

The site does use ACF but I have set elements to either translate or duplicate but still having issues. I have also gone through the media translation in the settings with no luck!

Any assistance would be great! cheers

July 17, 2019 at 10:48 am #4228869

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Matt,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Media Translation and press the Start button, please? This way, all the images should be copied to the translations.
If the issue is still there once you did this change, please give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at the translations. The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 18, 2019 at 11:50 am #4238279

Radu
Supporter

Hey Matt,

Can you translate the field groups too, as presented here https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-field-groups, and tell me if you still have issues with the images from the homepage, please?
I checked just one of the field grups from your website (hidden link) and I could see that it's not translated. This is why I'm asking you to translate it as presented in the attached article and tell me how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

July 18, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4240297

mattH-22

Hi Radu,

thanks for coming back to me. I think I see what you are meaning and have created these fields as french versions by duplicating. This has brought most images and content into the pages as expected, however I'm still have a little trouble with some pages on the site.

Pages that are a sub-item ( [site url]/item/sub-item ) seem to be the only ones playing up with loading the ACF content as all others have read and duplicated the existing english but these believe their fields do not exist. For example the 'main text' on the green tourism page did not copy over until I had added this myself.

Thanks

July 19, 2019 at 11:44 am #4246121

Radu
Supporter

Hey Matt,

I found the Green tourism page that you mentioned and I could see that the flexible_sub_0_main_content field (from here hidden link) - which contains the main text -, is set to Translate. This is the reason why you needed to copy the text manually. Can you tell me if this element is the one that you're talking about, please? I just want to make sure that I understand what's the part that you mentioned in your last message.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] No Images loading on translated version’ is closed to new replies.