This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by edens 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
August 25, 2019 at 8:46 am #4453585

edens

Hello,
I am using your WPML plugin and i have a problem.

In my main language (English), my users can login my site through facebook and my site is verified with facebook.

The problem is when i switch to another language, i cant see the login with facebook button,
And he does not exist in other languages in my site.

I have added you 2 screenshots from my mobile so you can understand it better.
thank you and waiting for your update

August 26, 2019 at 6:01 am #4456059

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

This function for log in through a Facebook button does not come with WordPress by default. Could you please tell me which plugin provides you such a functionality ?

On the other hand, as that plugin may not be compatible with WPML, I have created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link

Please upload your theme or plugin responsible for the Facebook button to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website. In this way we can check if this is a compatibility issue.

Please note that we only need the theme/plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

Best regards,
Andrés

August 26, 2019 at 7:45 am #4456493

edens

Hello i have added the plugin and activated it in your site,
Although i am not sure how you will connect the plugin to facebook account in order to see the changes.

It showed me that the website needs to be HTTPS in order to enable the option to login with facebook.

You can try it in your website and if you have problems,
i can give you access details to my website

August 26, 2019 at 11:55 am #4458201

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you for your help, I see that you are using "Nextend Social Login" plugin which is not in our compatibility list:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

As we need a site with a SSL certificate enabled, I have created a new site. You'll find the instructions on my previous private message.

Regards

August 26, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4458707

edens

ok the plugin is installed and activated in your website,
you should test and try to connect it with a facebook of yours to see

August 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4458781

Andrés
Supporter

Perfect, could you please help me to reproduce the issue? As I mentioned before this plugin is not in our Compatibility list and I'm not aware of the required settings in order to make it work perfectly.

Otherwise, you can also consider the following plugins which have already been tested by our team.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=login&wpv_filter_submit=Search

August 26, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4459085

edens

Hi i have created and set up all for you,
you need to create "my account" page so users will be able to connect,
and you are supposed to see the login button

August 26, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4459505

Andrés
Supporter

I have created a "my account" page but I still ignore how to reproduce the issue. I will continue looking how your plugin works but it will take more time.

I'll come back once I have some progress or before closing the day to keep you informed.

Regards

August 26, 2019 at 2:16 pm #4459615

edens

OK thank you waiting for your update

August 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4459983

Andrés
Supporter

Hello there,

Unfortunately I still can't finishing to set up your plugin as you intended. As you have already done it in your site, could you please help me with that? That would help us to move forward and pass to investigate the problem you are reporting.

Regards

August 26, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4459989

edens

my friend,
I have already set up the plugin and connected him to facebook,
he should be working

August 26, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4459999

Andrés
Supporter

Perfect, in that case could you please indicate me step by step how to reproduce the issue?

So far I don't see any Facebook login button on the page you mentioned before:
hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 7:08 pm #4460999

edens

Its really hard for me to say but there should be a login form so you can see it,
maybe because the website is new it is missing some features so you cant see it,

Would you like to check it in my own website?

August 27, 2019 at 4:51 am #4462805

Andrés
Supporter

1. Sure, I can check your site but we will have to come back to this point eventually. Could you contact your plugin support and try to set your plugin as you intended?

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed!
You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

August 27, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4469135

edens

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!