Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am no longer able to update the Chinese footer links on my website. I can see the translated links but they are all grayed out and I cannot change them.

Solution: The text is greyed out when no content is added to it. Basically, the content from the original language is added as a placeholder and you need to add the translation. Just click on that field, add some content, and make sure that the Translation is complete box is checked.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sueS 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
November 28, 2019 at 2:48 pm #5036843

sueS

Hi,

I am no longer able to update the Chinese footer links on my website. I can see the translated links but they are all grayed out and I cannot change them.

November 29, 2019 at 1:55 pm #5043665

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Sue,

Usually, the text is greyed out when no content is added to it. Basically, the content from the original language is added as a placeholder and you need to add the translation. Can you click on that field, try to add some content, make sure that the Translation is complete box is checked, and tell me how things work this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

December 6, 2019 at 4:19 pm #5085089

sueS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!