This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

No menus appear in WPML -> WP Menu Sync

Solution:

You have no menu to sync because you have created the 'Main Menu' menu in the English language and your site's default language is Italian. Please create the menu in the default language and then translate it into English. Then the sync option will work.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by linkeyparma 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm

linkeyparma

I am trying to: make use of the WP Menu Sync Service

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I expect to see the menu 'Emily Home Menu' that can be managed here hidden link

Instead, I got: I get the message 'No menus found'. It seems that the existing menu 'Emily Home Menu' is not found.

September 20, 2019 at 8:40 am #4610655
linkeyparma

Hello.

I have found out an additional anomaly, this time in the taxonomy translation.
When I go to WPML-->Taxonomy translation-->All product Categories and I try to update a category translation from English to Italian, I receive no errors but the translation is not saved.

Could you please check out my website ? Thank you

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-cannot-update-a-category-translation-from-english-to-italian/

September 22, 2019 at 3:58 pm #4618901

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the issue on your site.

You have no menu to sync because you have created the 'Emily Home Menu' menu in the English language and your site's default language is Italian. Please see the attached screenshot. Please create the menu in Italian and then translate it into English. Then the sync option will work. Please refer to our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2019 at 7:43 am #4621347

linkeyparma

Thank you for the very clear explanation. Just a question: can I temporarily change the default language to English, complete the menu and categories translations and then switch again to italian ?

September 23, 2019 at 9:09 am #4621873

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

For the menu, you can do that, and it supposes to work. However, I'm not sure as to the categories because they need to be created in the default language.

Please note that switching the default language might cause issues.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue or mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 23, 2019 at 9:16 am #4621903

linkeyparma

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!