This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4247457

waldemarK

I am trying to: activate manual translate (=2 real pages using wp bakery page builder)
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I expected to see: manual translate option
Instead, I got: only 2 options: classic wmpl and advanced wpml

Hi, time ago I could also choose manual translation (2 pages), but not it's no more possibile.
For my pages the wpml quick translate solutions do not work, I cannot see/edit all page elements. Some are not visible.
How can I return back?

July 19, 2019 at 4:17 pm #4247485

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. You can enable the manual editor from the original page edit screen. So, edit the page/post in the original language. IN the Languages box on the right, there is a switch to enable or disable the WPML editor. Turn that to "off" and you will disable the WPML editor, which will allow you to use manual translation.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

July 19, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4247489

waldemarK

Hi Lauren,

thank you for the quick answer. But doing for every page and post is a lot of work. How can I set that globally like I could do it months ago?

July 19, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4247625

Lauren
Supporter

When you change the switch to "off", it will ask if you want to do it for this page only, for all pages, or for all post types. So you only need to do it one time.

July 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4247639

waldemarK

Hi Lauren,

yes now I checked it. So the last option does it globally for pages, posts, portfolio and so on…

What about the plugin „translation management“. If I translate on my own I could disable it and so in a more clear way I activate „manual only“ translation? For what other this plugin is needed?

July 19, 2019 at 5:38 pm #4247715

Lauren
Supporter

The Translation Management plugin allows you to set post types and custom fields to translate or not translate. It also allows you to add and manage local translators and professional translation services. If you don't need those things, you could disable it and make sure everything is working correctly.

July 19, 2019 at 5:49 pm #4247737

waldemarK

Ok, yes I think for the first point I will still have to use this plugin.
You could tell to programmers if in the future these 2 things could be splitted to avoid activating this „big“ extension. Or better: to have „post types and custom fields to translate or not translate“ in the core plugin.

July 19, 2019 at 5:51 pm #4247739

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for your feedback, I'll be sure to pass the message on to our developers.