This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 5:56 pm

thierryL-10

We have a problem with the translation of ACF. We have no more "Multilingual Content Setup" for new fields.

When I go look in "Multilingual Content Setup" directly from the product page, the configuration of the field called "product_features" was no longer there. Disapeared.

We added a new field in the same field group for test and in "Multilingual Content Setup" and the configuration of the fields was gone: "product_features" returned, but no configuration for the new field appeared.

Now, no matter how many fields are added, no new field configuration is added in the product page or in the WPML settings page.

How can we fix that?

May 31, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3933181

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML and ACF related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

June 3, 2019 at 5:11 am #3939391

thierryL-10

Same problem.
We gave you credentials.
Have you checked and confirmed the problem?
Please check

June 3, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3943245

thierryL-10

hi,

1- We meet all requirement and use WPML on MULTIPLE SITES on the same server configuration!
2- We disabled all the plugins except the WPML and ACF.
3- We changed to a default WordPress theme
A backup is made.

RESULT: The issue persists

Please assign to a 2nd level and check our situation ASAP.

June 3, 2019 at 2:14 pm
June 3, 2019 at 5:57 pm #3945119

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting here due the weekend. I took a detailed look in your website and couldn't replicate the same issue. Please, make sure the following:

1 - When you add a new product post you need to enter some value for your custom fields in order to see its translation settings from the 'Multilingual Content Setup' options. For example, I add a new product called 'WPML Support Test Product' and enter some values for all the custom fields, doing so you can noticed all the fields I entered some value are displayed properly with its translation settings from the 'Multilingual Content Setup' options. See the atttached screenshot (screen_customer_02).

2 - You can also review your fields translation preferences in your WordPress Dashboard > Custom Fields > Fields Groups just click to edit a field and set its translations preferences accordingly. See attached screenshot (screen_customer_03). See: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#making-acf-fields-translatable

In short: For every new field added, please, make sure to enter some value and update your product post, so the values can get saved in your database and this way to be displayed under the 'Multilingual Content Setup' tab. Once again, I really sorry for the waiting here, please, let me know if the above works for you and help to get your issue solved, if not, don't hesitate in provide with further details and I will proceed right away. Have a nice day.

June 3, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3945191

thierryL-10

no attachments,

June 3, 2019 at 6:01 pm #3945241

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, check it now and let me know. Thanks!

June 3, 2019 at 6:21 pm #3945319

thierryL-10

Yes, we know and understand that the English base value needs to be there to initiate the product_feature CF 'Multilingual Content Setup' options appearance.

Here is what happened:

-On April 3rd the Product Features Custom Field was created and tested. The 'Multilingual Content Setup' options were showing where English data was entered.

-On April 4th and 5th, our client inserted all values in EN and translated ALL values in FR.

-On an April 23rd backup, the FR translation data had completely disappeared from mysql DB, and the 'Multilingual Content Setup' was gone on all the posts, although the base English field HAD values.

-Last Friday we also checked into products posts that HAD english data in the record. Yet the configuration was NOT there.

please support.

June 3, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3945411

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It seems the issue happened after a specific event, such as an update for the ACFML (Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual) if it is the case here, you probably had an older version something prior to 1.1 version and then when you updated you didn't reviewed your translations prefereces as explained at: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#making-acf-fields-translatable and maybe this is the reason you don't see the fields available in the Multilingual Content Setup options. Can you please, confirm if it is the case here? We need to isolate an specific event as the reason for this issue, this is why I need you to confirm that, be it a plugin update, settings adjustments or so. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

June 3, 2019 at 6:46 pm #3945447

thierryL-10

Because the problem was present, Last Friday, we updated the following:
- Advanced Custom Fields from 5.7.9 to 5.8.0
- Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual from 0.9 to 1.3

But again, we already had the problem.

June 4, 2019 at 2:14 am #3947033

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I took another look in your website and I am still not able to replicate the mentioned issue, even on your previous published products. For example, I noticed the 'Green Core S22' product didn't have a value entered for the acf_product_features field, as soon as a test value was entered the field appeared in the 'Multilingual Content Setup' properly. Do you still see any issue when entering a value for 'acf_product_features' field? Please, let me know, have a nice day.

June 4, 2019 at 6:29 am #3948245

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I was pinged to look at this ticket. I can only confirm I can't see the issue, same as Marcos. See the screenshot. Fields are there and you can configure them.

Additionally, I see 52 plugins at this site was recently active but now are off. I suspect this might be the reason why the issue is gone, maybe this is an incompatibility with some another plugin. I would suggest to activate plugins partially and check when the issue is back.

I will subscribe this ticket to see the progress but I will leave Marcos as the main supporter here, I see he is doing great. When you replicate the issue, I suggest creating a Duplicator package immediately.