This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 11:59 am #4021127

Ulrike

On this Website, there is no information that there is any update, it looks like everything is ok.

And if i use the plugin interface, i can see the cms version is not the newest one... ich klick the checkbox and say "donwnload and aktivate" ... but it fail.

I have a lifetime Account, so whats going on with this update?

Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany.

June 14, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4021995

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial and see if you can update from there?

If that doesn't work, can you please create a full website backup and then follow the manual update procedure in the link below:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 14, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4022683

Ulrike

Puh, i sille asked the support, cause i dont wanne invest the time (money for the customer) to make a manual update / new install.
But if there is no help, i need to do it for myself, thats true... thats sad.

June 14, 2019 at 3:46 pm #4022773

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

If the first option I mentioned would work ("Can you please go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial and see if you can update from there?"), then that should be solved in just a couple of seconds.

However, it is important that there is a full backup made first.

If you want me to do it, I would be more than happy to, but I would first need you to confirm that the website is fully backed up so that in the case where the update causes any issues, we can quickly restore.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei