Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by viktorB-10 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 28, 2019 at 7:55 pm #4659123

viktorB-10

Heyhey! I have the same problem, question: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/revisions-not-working-in-independently-translated-page/#post-4659075

(i also commented there)

Thank you!
Wiktor

September 30, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4664861

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello Wiktor,

If you translate your translation independently it will start to file revisions starting with the first change you make on the independent translation. Try adding some update to the content and translation check if you can view the revisions.

Let me know if you still need assistance in this case.

Kind regards
Raja

September 30, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4667407

viktorB-10

Raja,

I checked it, but i'm afraid it simply doesn't work in my case. See the screenshot. Also please note, that there on the left line it says when was the last edit. But i can't find the revision / versions editor link nowhere. Nor in this page, neither on other pages and posts.
Cheers,
Wiktor

October 1, 2019 at 6:00 am #4668841

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please share temporary access to your site. Let me have a closer look. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

October 14, 2019 at 4:44 am #4746893

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the access,

The page revision section is not available even after disabling WPML.

I would suggest checking the issue with your hosting provider, If it is a managed WordPress hosting then the issue might be related to a few WordPress hosting companies prevent page revision history by default at the server level.

Alternatively, paste the below code in wp-config.php

define( 'WP_POST_REVISIONS', -1 );

This will save all post revision

https://wordpress.org/support/article/revisions/#revision-options

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards
Raja

October 25, 2019 at 10:06 am #4825773

viktorB-10

Hello Raja,

I did the change you advised, but yet still can't find the revision option neither in pages nor in posts. Can you please check it again?
I'm also interested, if it is a byproduct of a plugin conflict, then how would you track it down? I'm trying to improve to find these errors myself, (thus going to wpml support less times;)

Thanks!
Viktor