Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 12, 2018 at 1:39 pm #1543587

rolandd-5

Hi,

On random occasions, all products of the shop's main language are not being displayed in the shop. For all other languages, the products are visible.

I can get the products in the main language back by:
1) Go a product in the backend, or
2) Go to woocommerce -> settings -> Products and save that page again.

Because it happens completely random, we have no track of this problem. Sometimes it happens ones a week and the other occasion is happens one time in 3 weeks.

If checked Google and your support tickets. I can see a lot of people are facing this problem. I can see tickets from 2015 and earlier mentioning this. Still, in 2018 we're facing this problem.
We can't have this in our shop. We have a season product and peak-time is coming again. if not solved, this can costs us serious money!

All plugins are up-to-date. Shop is running on a private sever solitary and fully optimized.

I can make a copy of the shop, but the problem isn't there now, so it doesn't make any sense to do.

How can we solve this random issue? Maybe there is some logging we can activate to able to see what's going on?

March 13, 2018 at 10:59 pm #1545342

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I'll help with this issue, but first, we need to know that it is coming from WPML.
You are mentioning a random case where all the products disappear from the default language of the site. You add that fixing the is is going to pages that are not WPML or WooCommerce Multilingual pages.
I would like to ask you why do you think that this issue is related to WPML?

The best thing to do will be to check if the issue occurs when WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual are deactivated.
Can you try that?
I understand that you can not try it on the live site, so I think that setting a staging site (copy of your site on the same server) is a good idea.

Here is what I suggest.
A. Create a copy of your site on the same server and deactivate WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual (and all the other add-ons of WPML) on that site.
B. try to see if the issue also occurs on the copied site.
C. Enable WordPress's debug log on live sites.
Please check this page for instructions.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
Look under the headline "Enabling the built-in debugging feature in WordPress".
To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);.

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings which is recommened on a live site.
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.
Once you will notice the issue, share with me the error log, and I'll be able to check and consult our second tier if this is related to WPML. Try to remember the exact time so we will be able to look it up in the log.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link, it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Please, could you provide me the additional Info?

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 14, 2018 at 7:19 am #1545477

rolandd-5

Hi Itamar,

I'm 90% sure it's coming from WPML. Searching Google about this problem, it all relates to WPML.

I've enabled the debug.log and inform you when I have some more data.

Regards,

March 14, 2018 at 3:03 pm #1545934

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks, I'll wait for your update.

March 22, 2018 at 7:50 am #1553330

rolandd-5

Hi,

As in the original thread, the problem is random and can not be seen for weeks. So i'm still have the debug.log enabled and refresh this every day.

I'll let you know when it happens again.

March 22, 2018 at 9:03 pm #1554426

Itamar
Supporter

Sure. Thanks for the update.

The topic ‘[Closed] No products in shop main language’ is closed to new replies.