This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by adriO 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 25, 2017 at 8:09 am #1441042

adriO

Hi,
In my site I'm using YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search Premium to perform searches on products.
It works well to perform searches in Product Categories and Product Tags in the native language of the site.
However when I perform a search in my second (Dutch) language it appears to be wrong.
As I found out that it don't come up with results of the translated Product Categories. In the tags it works fine.

In one screenshot you can see 5 results in the other 4. The missing picture does not have the categorie name "Feestdagen" also in the product tags. The other 4 pictures does have that.

You can see that my settings in the plugin are correct and that the translations are fine.

Please advise,

Adri

November 27, 2017 at 2:55 am #1441842

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 29, 2017 at 6:33 am #1444303

adriO

Hi Shekhar, thank you for your reply.
As I am a user of WPML for a long time now I don know what to do to debug an issue. There where a lot of them in the past and some are there still. Otto, Joanna, George and Tia (in the past) helped me out a lot of times.

I did a deep investigation and it turns out that a search plugin named Relevanssi is responsible. This plugin changes the way WordPress searches. After I found out I contacted the author of the plugin and you can read up about it in this thread over at WordPress.org: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/indexing-not-working-properly-when-using-wpml/#post-9731949

As you will read is the author not familiar with the inner workings of WPML so he can't tell anything more.

As I'm developing on a local machine it is not possible to give you access. I do hope the info of the plugin developer is helpful to solve this issue. There is a work around: after I completed the translation I have to het the edit translation button and save the product a second time. It is doable but we don't win any beauty contest with it.

Adri

November 29, 2017 at 9:04 am #1444399

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello @adrio,

Thank you for providing the detailed information.

As it seems the issue is coming from conflicts between YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search Premium + WPML + Relevanssi – A Better Search.

I recently installed the Relevanssi without YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search Premium and it's working for me, so it seems the search login between two plugins is being conflicted.

To debug this issue further I would request you to send me snapshots of your site, this way I can reproduce and debug this issue quickly, You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

Zip the archive and installer.php file and send it to me using google drive. I have enabled the private reply for you.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 30, 2017 at 8:51 am #1445495

adriO

Hi Shekhar,

I did receive an update from the plugin author on wordpress.org and it is possible that you can benefit from it.

Here it is:
--------------------------------------------------
It’s a question of when the category is added to the post, then. That happens for some reason after the post is saved and Relevanssi indexes it.

Why is that, is up to the WPML team. But you can tell them that’s the issue: the translated category is not set when wp_insert_post hook fires and Relevanssi indexes the post. Relevanssi runs on priority 99, so if the category is added after that, Relevanssi does not see it.
--------------------------------------------------

You can read up on the whole thread on:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/indexing-not-working-properly-when-using-wpml

Best wishes,

Adri

December 1, 2017 at 6:26 am #1446521

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

I debugged the issue in depth and can replicate the problem on your site, it shows the category while searching in secondary language missing the list of newly added products. On the other side on a fresh installation, it doesn't show any search results at all.

So, I have forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it for our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thanks

December 1, 2017 at 6:35 am #1446522

adriO

Ok, thanks let's wait and see. I do hope it is not taking too long.

Best Regards,

Adri

March 27, 2018 at 7:15 am #1557447

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue is resolved in the development version of the plugin, but it will take some more time to get the version released, would you mind giving a try to our development version, if yes, could you please provide me with the email address so I can send it to you.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 28, 2018 at 6:27 am #1558540

adriO

Hi Shekhar,
Great that the issue seems to be ironed out. And sure I'm willing to try the development version. I do think however it is not a good practice to send you my email address here plain at the forum.
You can however mail me the plugin to the mail address noted in my account or open a private box for it.

As I am busy with a couple of other projects at the moment it may take a while before I'm able to test it but I will get back to you with my findings asap.

Best wishes,

Adri

March 28, 2018 at 3:57 pm #1559246

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I have sent you the dev version in the email address you have registered in WPML. Let me know if you are able to receive it.

Since this is a dev version, Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

March 28, 2018 at 4:23 pm #1559273

adriO

I did received your email and the dev version plugin. As soon as I have tested it I will let you know.
Best wishes,

Adri

March 29, 2018 at 1:04 am #1559608

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

April 2, 2018 at 4:17 pm #1562462

adriO

Got a mail from the cleanup bot but hasn't be able to check things out. Leave the thread open please

April 2, 2018 at 4:45 pm #1562477

adriO

BTW I don't understand why no updates are available within wordpress while there are new stable versions of various plugins and my site is registered......

April 2, 2018 at 4:47 pm #1562478

adriO

Mmmm my former post is not visible.

I tried the development plugin but this one is not working. See screenshot.

I have to download the newest versions manually and test it again. You hear from me.