This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 7:53 pm #3149600

katharineO

I am trying to:
As a user on the default language, if I search for text that is output by ACF fields from the WP search functionality, I get search results. But, when I search the same page and field on the translated version of the page, I don't get any results.

It's as if, the translated versions ACF values aren't reachable by searches.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

Screenshot:
side-by-side EN vs ES
hidden link

side-by-side search results
hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect the search results in the translated language to return the results of the ACF fields for the translated pages.

Instead, I got:
I get 0 results, as if the content isn't reachable.

February 1, 2019 at 7:21 am #3150542

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Have a look at what happens when I try searching a single word - it appears that wp search picks up some fields on translations, but not all (like not picking up titles). The title - "Heavy fines for non-compliance" - is this added via custom field as well?

Would you be interested in trying and configuring this plugin and letting me know about the results - Relevanssi?

That plugins is officially tested and certified as WPML compatible:
https://wpml.org/plugin/relevanssi/

Another thing - can you update all your WPML plugins first before we resume debugging this? We can only support our clients if they have the latest versions installed, as this means that there have been many upgrades, bug fixes and general improvements since.

E.g. you have:
WPML Multilingual CMS 4.1.0
Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual 0.9

Please make a full backup of your site before trying this or make these changes on a staging/development site!

You can use plugins such as Duplicator ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 1, 2019 at 4:59 pm #3152578

katharineO

I've updated the plugins.

Yes, the text, "Heavy fines for non-compliance" is via ACF fields.

I have been working with Relevanssi. It actually didn't return any results. After its index ran, it didn't return any results at all for any searches on the translated pages.

I'm now experimenting with Translating fields vs Copy Once in Settings > WPML > settings > Custom Fields Translation

February 4, 2019 at 9:06 am #3156651

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I am trying to figure out now what has been indexed and what not - e.g. I tried with "Cumplimiento ALD" and it got me here:
hidden link

As if the title has been indexed correctly. Can you tell me you were able to figure out something in a meanwhile, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] No Search results from translated ACF fields’ is closed to new replies.