Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Author Posts
December 11, 2021 at 11:38 pm #10168039

zolM

Hello there,

Semrush is showing this url with No self-referencing hreflang. I can also see that the URL has double // at the end - hreflang conflict within page source code is only on this URL - please How can I fix this? Thank you.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 00.34.55.png
December 15, 2021 at 5:48 am #10187687

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello There,

The URL you mentioned with the double "//" at the end is not even on the sitemap, hidden link

So it's quite confusing how semrush is finding those URL, I would suggest you contact semrush support and ask about it.

Further, if we test the URL without the double "//", the hreflangs are added properly, you can do a quick check on this site too. hidden link

The only issue I see at the site is that the URL with "//" should be 301 redirect to the correct URL (hidden link) by WordPress itself which is not happening at your site.

Can you disable WPML for a moment and see if you can access this URL hidden link If you can still access this URL with a double "//", then it must be due to some plugins the redirection is blocked, so I suggest you disable the current theme and enable default WordPress theme as well as disable plugins one by one to see which plugin is creating the issue and contact there support accordingly.

If you can't access the URL with double "//" when WPML is disabled, I would suggest you first update WPML to the latest version and see if that helps.

We recently released a new version of WPML plugins. We push out WPML releases gradually. If your sites haven’t received this update yet, give it some time and you’ll see the update in a few days.

To skip the queue and get the update right away, to the Plugins → Add New page, click the Commercial tab, and then click the Check for updates button.
https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/wpml-force-plugin-update-1.png

Note: Keep a Backup Before Updating

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘No self-referencing hreflang’ is closed to new replies.