This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't find the sting to chance the logo per language

Solution: I added the necessary code to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration to register the logo strings. Now you can translate the logo image in WPML -> Strings Translation.

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="cmsms_options_medicine-plus_general">
            <key name="*"/></key>
        <key name="cmsms_options_medicine-plus_header">
            <key name="*"/></key>
        <key name="woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips">
            <key name="*"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 11:38 am #2793814

maartend-8

I can't find the sting to chance the logo per language. And why can't I change this in the theme options or customizer, the theme is compatible with WPLP.

Also, I can't find the strings in my main language (installed language) Dutch, I have to search them in English.

I followed this documentation:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/different-logo-in-each-language-2/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-need-to-have-a-different-logo-per-language/ hidden link

How to use WPML with different domains per language?
I have sent the tutorial link to my hosting provider Siteground (GrowBig plan), and we didn't get it working. It's not clear if you need your own server for this.

I followed this tutorial:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

October 8, 2018 at 1:41 pm #2796173

maartend-8

Theme devoloper has tried to add strings, without succes and told me to contact WPML. What is going on?

October 9, 2018 at 1:16 am #2797636

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Regarding the 'different domains per languages' issue I recommend you to visit this link where you will find our official documentation about this subject: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

In case you need further assistance I kindly ask you to open a new ticket about it and describe the steps you followed.

Note: You can assing this new ticket directly to me and I will be more than happy to keep helping you.

2.- Let's focus on the issue of the logo in this ticket, for this I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2018 at 5:35 pm #2801466

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I added the necessary code to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration to register the logo strings. Now you can translate the logo image in WPML -> Strings Translation.

For more information about Language Configuration Files you can visit this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Could you confirm that the issue with the logo is solved?

Note: Regarding the 'different domains per languages' issue, please open a new ticket and describe the steps you followed and the issue you are experiencing.

Best regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2018 at 7:24 pm #2801772

maartend-8

I see the strings now, but when i chance it, it doesent work. Did you only add the strings for the logo? Or can I find now all the strings I need to make this ML?

October 9, 2018 at 8:06 pm #2801913

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I added the strings under the 'cmsms_options_medicine-plus_general' domain, you can verify this in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration.

If you need to add more strings you can do so by following the steps provided in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2018 at 8:54 pm #2802142

maartend-8

Yes, i see the strings for the logo, but when i translate them with another logo.file it does not work. See my previous reply and screenshot.

October 10, 2018 at 1:25 am #2802433

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I will take a deeper look at this issue. I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Best regards,
Carlos

October 10, 2018 at 5:01 pm #2805274

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I took a deeper look at the issue and the translation is working correctly, but in the translated string there is an element that wasn't translated and it is the number before the URL. This number is the id of the media element. The ID of the media element can be get from the URL when edit the media (see attached image).

Note: I created a test page and translated so you can see the logo in both languages.

Best regards,
Carlos

October 10, 2018 at 7:29 pm #2805532

maartend-8

Hi Carlos, thank you for all ur help!

Can you tell me why the strings ( see images) are not working? The theme is compatible with WPML and the plugin WPML finds the strings. So whats not working?

You told me to follow these steps to add strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

There are a lot of steps, can you be more specific please?

Greetings Maarten

October 10, 2018 at 8:51 pm #2805798

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Maarten,
I'm glad that we are moving forward with this issue 🙂

According to your screenshots there are strings that need to be translated. I fyou translate this strings, does the issue persists?

Regarding the Language Configuration Files, I strongly recommend you to read our official documentation that it's more complete that any explanation that I could give you 🙂

Best regards,
Carlos

October 11, 2018 at 7:42 am #2806979

maartend-8

The issue persists, see my previous replay and screenshots 🙁

October 11, 2018 at 6:31 pm #2809463

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Maarten,

I added the XML code in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration for the strings in the screenshots. You can translate the strings in WPML -> String Translation.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

October 16, 2018 at 8:52 pm #2822378

maartend-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 16, 2018 at 9:30 pm #2822453

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Maarten,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos