This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 3:29 am

rachidG

No translation at all and ad listings disappear once other language selected. No ads visible in the other selected language.

Synchronized everything and activated Appthemes WPML Bridge and Strings Translation but ad specifics and even headings and text just appear in English and not in the other languages.

Please advise.

May 29, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3916675

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue. Unfortunately, the username/password credentials do not work when I cut&paste them into the login screen.

Please check them or provide new ones in your next reply. I am opening the private area for this info again.

Also, please include detailed steps on how I can replicate the behaviour you are describing. If you include screenshots and step-by-step details - this would be best.

Thanks

May 29, 2019 at 4:47 pm
May 29, 2019 at 5:34 pm #3917803

Yvette
Supporter

I am now being asked to enter a code from an Authenticator app. (see image).

As for the instructions - please provide steps on how to get to the ad listing. We support many many sites a day so having to figure out how to navigate different plugins and where exactly to look can take time that woudl be better spent figuring out what is wrong.

Please help us help you.

May 29, 2019 at 5:52 pm #3917949

rachidG

Ok. I switched the Authenticator off. You can now log in.

Your question: "- please provide steps on how to get to the ad listing."
Answer: on the left menu at the top in WordPress see the section 'Ads'

It's just that there is no translation at all. I cannot provide 10 screenshots. There's just no translation. It doesn't work despite the effort.

May 29, 2019 at 6:35 pm #3918189

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Thank you for indicating how to identify the post type.

Well - there are no ads showing because no ads have been translated. The "+" icon indicates that you must create the translations still. (see image).

WPML does not do automatic translations. You COULD set the post type to "appear as translated" here: WPML > Settings > Post Type Translation.

In this way, on the frontend, it would show the adverts in different language spaces but in English. (see image) Otherwise, you will have to create the ads in each language.

May 29, 2019 at 7:31 pm #3918339

rachidG

Ok, I checked it.

You mention: "WPML does not do automatic translations."

So easy to make a connection with Google Translate or similar. I see that I have to start the translation for every ad. How would this be with the coming 5,000 ads?

I am sorry but I will remove this plugin and will look else for a state of the art plugin.

$ 80 has been thrown away. What a loss of money and time.

May 30, 2019 at 6:23 am #3920677

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. Advanced Translation Editor
We do have a kind of automatic trnaslation "link" but the editor will still require that you manually approve each string translation. It does not sound like it is what you want/need. More here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

2. Refund
The status of your account might allow you to still request a refund. Why don´t you try writing here:https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/

Good luck. I am setting this thread to resolved.