This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 10:43 am

benjaminL-9

Hey guys,

i installed WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management and Yoast SEO Multilingual. After setting everything up (german is standard, english the second language), I clicked on the + to add english content to one of my pages. After doing this all english content is prefilled with german content (screenshot) and has the checkbox "tranlation finished" clicked. When saving that without making any changes, the english language switcher doesn't show up on my header (custom switcher shortcode added in header).

Also the page doesn't show up on english pages overview (screenshot).

Any ideas to fix that?

Let me know if you need any credentials and thanks for your help in advance.

August 30, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4488741

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed it works properly. Here is what I tried:

1 - I clicket to edit your 'Zertifizierung' and then clicked the pencil icon from the 'Language' box to edit the english translation.

2 - I made a minor editig in the english translation I translated the page heading title from 'Zertifizierung' to 'Certification'.

You can see the language switcher english flag apppears properly at: hidden link and the english translation I did appears properly at: hidden link.

Maybe you would need to try these steps using the browser icognito mode, you would also replace your german texts to actual english texts in your english translation.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.