Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulL-22 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 22, 2018 at 11:04 pm #2668265

paulL-22

I am trying to:put this feature in two languages, English and French

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:This feature in two languages

Instead, I got:one language

August 23, 2018 at 1:32 pm #2670296

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please choose *Translatable - only show translated items* or *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language* as translation option for *People* post type in WPML>>Settings>>Post Type Translation section. Then make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

In the second screenshot, you have the correct option for the *People* post type translation - hidden link

Please check the documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/

If you are still having the issues, maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 1, 2018 at 12:17 am #2695239

paulL-22

I am sorry for the late reply. The problem has been resolved.