This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 10:13 am #4578717

Titus

I am trying to: hide 'Siesta' in the French menu. I have synced the mmenu, and left Siesta off - it still appeared anyway. I tried manually removing it from the French menu,

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link - English site is zaptrading.co.uk

I expected to see: Siesta shouldn't be there - please see attached screengrabs

Please note, I don't have any cacheing enabled on the ste at the moment, and I have cleared my browser cache

September 16, 2019 at 6:05 pm #4583091

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

4) The update(just resave) the menu in both languages

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 16, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4583095

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

If you find that it is not possible to synchronise the menus, you can try disassociating the current FR translation from the EN menu. (e.g. set the value of "Translation of" to "none") and then create a new FR menu version using the WPML Menu Synch tool.

If this works, you can then delete the old FR menu.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or not.

September 17, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4588293

Titus

Hi Bigul and Yvette
Many thanks for your replies. I worked through all of your suggestions, and regrettably I still have the same issue. I've tried deleting the menus completely and starting again, but I can't get this to work. At one stage I even had the French menu showing on the English site!

I tried deleting 'Siesta' from the English menu. I then synced the meun so that it would be removed from the French menu as well. When I added Siesta to the English menu again, it automatically re-appeared on the French menu without me even syncing the menus.

Yvette - I tried changing the translation of the French menu to 'none' as suggested - when I did this, it overwrote the English menu on the English site!... something very wierd going on.

Anyway, have removed Siesta comepletely for the moment, as it's caused too many problems (have just spent the last 24hrs trying to restore the site from a backup).

Thanks again for your input. Do you think there are any plugin conflicts that might cause this sort of issue?

Titus

September 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4590589

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Titus,

Thank you for the details. It sounds like a strange issue and requires further checking. I have a couple of requests.

1) Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

2) I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 18, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4598419

Titus

Thank you Bigul - I will give this a go, and I will let you know if I find any conflicts.
If I can't get it working I'll come back with my WordPress login etc.

Many thanks for your feedback - much appreciated.

September 19, 2019 at 6:46 am #4601711

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Titus,

Thank you for the updates. Take your time. We will wait for your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] non-synced menu items still appear in French Menu’ is closed to new replies.