This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by revatA 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 7:13 am #4065047

revatA

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate my website

Is there any documentation that you are following?
All your guides

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Basically when I try tanslate my page, only a few things on the home page show up for translation. None of the headers, sub headers, or main content show up. Attached is a screenshot of what shows up on the translation page for homepage on WPML the translation section.

June 23, 2019 at 2:01 am #4071871

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

As far I can see the homepage is not translated yet. Please take note that translation will only show up the content is translated to 100% when beeing translated for the first time.

As you mention that you are missing strings on the Advanced Translation Editor please at WPML -> Settings -> Post type translation and on the section Taxonomy translation that all necessary post types and taxonomies are set to be "translatable".

Further, please try to change the translation method to Classic Translation Editor at WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages. Do you receive the same result?

Headers, Footer, Widget Titles and Theme and Plugin options will need to be translated with String Translation. Those strings will nto show up on the Translation Editor.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

I can see that you are using the Medical Cure Theme and plugins by Code125 for creating content. Please take note that those components have not been tested or marked as compatible with WPML. Possibly, we will might need to test the theme and plugin to verify this issue.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=112654&wpv-theme-category=0&wpv_post_search=Cure&wpv_filter_submit=Search
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Code&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Kind regards
Andreas

June 26, 2019 at 3:10 am #4088393

revatA

Dear Andreas,

Still no luck.

1. Yes homepage is not translated yet but not all the content I need to translate is showing up to be translated 🙁

2. I've marked everything as being translatable. See uploaded image. Still no luck translating the blocks of content.

3. Tried both classic and advanced and still no luck.

4. Yes but i also checked the Medical Cure theme on Themeforest and it says that it is compatible with WPML. hidden link

Any suggestions of how I can proceed? Very confused.

Thank you

June 26, 2019 at 4:42 am #4088883

revatA

It seems like the problems I am having are similar to the following other users:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pagebuilder-not-showing-up-when-trying-to-translate-page/page/2/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pagebuilder-not-showing-up-when-trying-to-translate-page/

However, even if I follow the steps there, it doesn't work for me.

June 26, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4094133

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 26, 2019 at 10:01 pm #4095239

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Do I understand right, that the Awesome Builder is based on the plugin
Code125 Medical Cure Addon which comes as part of the Medical Cure Theme?

This theme has not yet been tested with WPML. Please check our compatiblity list for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=112654&wpv-theme-category=0&wpv_post_search=Cure&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Please install a new version of the theme and its plugins on the following test site for further testing:

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the site is ready.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 27, 2019 at 3:52 am #4096501

revatA

Dear Andreas,

Noted about compatibility. Just want to let you know that the Medical Cure theme actually markets that they are compatible with WPML. hidden link

I've also uploaded the theme and plugins onto the sandbox site.

Thank you.

June 27, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4100769

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I was trying to figure out which plugin is responsible for the "Awesome Builder" that is used to create your pages. I was deducing that it is part of the plugins that do come with the theme but it is not.

Could you please install the "Awesome Builder" on the test site for further testing?

Leave me a short notification once the plugin is installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 27, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4101339

revatA

I have no idea how to install the Awesome Page Builder on the demo. I can't find the plugin on my page so I'm not even sure how I have it...

Suggestions?

June 27, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4101781

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The Awesome Builder is a premium plugin that requieres a purchase.

hidden link

It seems that some the plugin is included into your install but not recognized by WordPress.

Could you please disable all plguins and change to a default theme like Twentz Seventeen. Then revise if the page builder still is available.

If not reactivate the theme and revise again. Further, reactivate the plugins one by one to verify when the plugin appears.

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 27, 2019 at 5:17 pm #4101795

revatA

Interesting.

If I change the theme and deactivate plugins, isn't there a risk I lose all the content on my pages?

Thank.s

June 27, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4102193

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The only thing you could loose are theme options that will need to be set again.

Make sure to take a backup of your site and database first.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 29, 2019 at 6:42 am #4111199

revatA

Any other options to handle this? I'm afraid to disable themes/plugins and mess up my website...

July 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4120379

revatA

Hi Andreas.

I was able to figure it out. Currently editing it but noticed you just logged in and disabled the theme and all plugins 🙁

Can you please revert it back to what it was prior to you editing it???

July 1, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4120449

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry but I am a little confused.

You are using Awesome Builder to create your pages and this is a premium plugin that needs to be purchased in order to install on WordPress.

Do you own a copy of this plugin in order to install it on the test site?

Further, the plugin is not showing up when logging into your site. When disabling all plguins on your site only the plugin "Code125 Theme Updates and Support" and there is not any way to disable it. As far I remeber this plugin used to be installed on the provided test site and was not responsible for any kind of modified version of Awesome Page Builder.

I am not able to assist as long you are not able to provide the plugin Awesome Page Builder or to clarify why the plugin is available on your site while there is not any valid install registered.

The old test site sadly expired in the meantime. Please add the theme and plugins here for further testing:

Leave me a short notification once the site is ready for testing.

Kind regards
Andreas