This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gavanL-2 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 3:38 am

gavanL-2

I am trying to: create a translation of a page (any page).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Click the Chinese translation in the footer to see the issue I'm having. It's doing this for any page I translate. I've set this up on another site, but didn't have any issues.

I've followed the Enfold > WPML document you have, but cannot seem to find what I've setup wrong. I've gone in and cleared caches etc in the WPML troubleshooting page but that didn't help. I'm not running any caching plugins.

August 28, 2019 at 4:23 am
August 28, 2019 at 4:26 am #4471109

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Once the duplicator package is ready let me know, since I have access to your site I can directly download it from there.

Alternatively, I have also enabled private fields for you to securely share the package details.

Kind regards
Raja

August 28, 2019 at 4:35 am
August 28, 2019 at 10:31 am #4473355

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Downloading the package, This should be done in a few minutes but it is usually slow.

August 28, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4474429

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I am stuck here requested the second tier to have a deeper look into the issue. I will keep you posted with any updates.

August 29, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4481081

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The issue is resolved once I followed the below steps
- Remove all old WPML plugins from your site
- Update All WPML plugins to the latest version
- Add a minor Update to the About page in the default language
- From WPML > Translation Management , Selected the About page and added to Translation basket
- Sent the job to Translation from WPML > Translation Management > Translation Basket
- Assign the About page to a translator in WPML > Translation Management > Translation jobs
- The page for translation will appear in WPML > translation
- Complete the translation of the page.

This solves the issue in the duplicator copy of your site in my local setup

August 29, 2019 at 11:54 pm #4483859

gavanL-2

Thanks for your reply. I followed those steps but couldn't seem to make any difference. What could be going wrong here? Will all these steps be needed on every page to be translated? (assuming I can get it working)

August 30, 2019 at 7:36 am #4485083

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

It seems some of the steps have been missed out, I can see the About page is sent to the translation basket but not yet translated, Now it needs to be assigned to a translator.

- Sent the job to Translation from WPML > Translation Management > Translation Basket
- Assign the About page to a translator in WPML > Translation Management > Translation Translation Basket or from WPML > Translation Management > Jobs
- The page for translation will appear in WPML > translation
- Complete the translation of the page.

Make sure all the steps are followed.

August 30, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4489311

gavanL-2

Sorry missed that step. However, I've now done that and still no change. (I went through the whole thing again another time and still the page isn't displaying correctly).

September 2, 2019 at 6:30 am #4494661

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the information,

Please try updating WordPress to the latest version 5.2.2, Secure a backup of your site and database before you proceed.

Once updated, please try updating the About us page and send the page again to the translation using Translation management (repeat the same steps as mentioned earlier), Let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

September 5, 2019 at 12:18 am #4514379

gavanL-2

Ok I'll try that.. just have to wait for a time from the client. Will report back soon.

September 5, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4519171

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sure, Take your time.

September 12, 2019 at 2:59 am #4557543

gavanL-2

Please keep this ticket open.. I'm still waiting on the go ahead from the client. thank you!

September 12, 2019 at 5:11 am #4558377

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the update