This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 4:04 pm

marcelS-21

I have problems with my shop in chrome..
when I add something to the cart I'm directed to the cart. If I then click "continue shopping"
I get redirected to the item page.. I f I know add another product:
I get redirected to the cart and it says "cart empty" If I click continue shopping and add something
I get directed to the cart again and it says "empty"

So it deletes products from cart / I can't add products to cart and it also says sometimes product out of stock (even if i have unlimited stock...

Did some troubleshooting with woocommerce. Set up staging and storefront theme (usually using Avada)
- Deactivated all plugins -> shop works fine
- Step by step activated other plugins incl WPML multilingual -> everything works fine..
- Now activated WPML Translation String -> Nothing gets added to the cart (But at least the items i've put before stay in the cart)
NOTE: By this time only had activated wpml core and string, no other wpml plugins..
- Afterwards activated: WPML Translation Management and WPML Media, -> still nothing works

Wrap up: staging - storefront - only woocommerce activated -> works fine
activated: stripe and quaderno payment, yoast seo, -> works fine
activated: WooCommerce Multilingual and wpml multilingual cms -> works
activated; WPML Translation String -> DOESNT WORK
Here's a video: hidden link

Thanks for help

September 18, 2018 at 6:44 pm #2746292

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I checked your video, however, I cannot reproduce the issue on your site. I also recorded a small screencast: hidden link

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks,
Ricardo

September 18, 2018 at 6:56 pm #2746301

marcelS-21

Hi Ricardo,
thanks for your help

Please check out this new video I just made: hidden link

1. there was a item already in the cart (from yesterday is guess)
2.) I added another item -> all fine 2 items in cart
3.) I clicked "weiter einkaufen" but instead of adding the next item directly to the cart (like you in your video) I opened the item page and THEN added it to the cart -> there should be 3 items in Cart now, but as you can see only 2 are there (the initial one and the last one.. the "middle item" is missing...

Maybe the issues arises when you click "weiter einkaufen" and then go to a next product page and add it with the button!?

I used chrome...

September 18, 2018 at 7:01 pm #2746308

marcelS-21

Just made a second video:
See here: hidden link

1) I made the cart empty first (from video before..)
2.) added basic coaching tool you can see it's in the cart..
3.) I Click "Weiter Einkaufen" and get redirected back to basis coachng tool product page -> you can already see here that cart is empty again (cart symbol on top right is grey not blue)
4.) I click on another product -> get directed to product page and add it to cart
5.) Product is in Cart BUT first product is gone/deleted !?

Thanks for your help

September 18, 2018 at 7:10 pm #2746319

marcelS-21

This is a follow up video of the second..
hidden link

1.) I try to delete the product in cart -> gets deleted
2.) NOW another product appears in cart which I haven't added !?!?
3.) after I deleted it -> cart is finally empty...

After that 3rd video I made this one:
hidden link

You see I started with empty cart
1.) I add Basis tool -> is in Cart
2.) I click "weiter einkaufen" -> Get directed to product page and cart is empty again
3.) I add another product -> only this is in cart -> click "weiter einkaufen"
4.) again Cart is empty! (now with a note on top that item has been added to cart but cart is empty
5.) I add a 3rd product and again just the last product i added is in Cart...

So there seems to be some big issue...

September 19, 2018 at 6:48 pm #2749797

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I followed the same procedure you show on your video however, I cannot reproduce the issue.
- Can you try while being logged out?
- Also, Go to WooCommerce -> Status -> Tools, and clear "WooCommerce transients" and "Expired transients".
- Try on a different browser.

Let me know if that helps.

The topic ‘[Closed] Not able to add something to cart / Cart is empty’ is closed to new replies.