This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Not able to change language of selected string

From my WPML Panel i saw that mentioned strings were in English, so i tried to change language of these strings. At this point i wasn't able as the option for selecting a language was impossible. I am using Scalia theme, as well i am using latest versions of theme, wordpress and plugins.

Solution:Usually it is caused by a JS conflict. You can use the cursor keys to select the language and then click on "enter" on the keyboard

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gentianG 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 13, 2017 at 11:20 am #1228653

gentianG

Hello,

I am trying to update strings for my website, but i am not able to select the desired language for a specific string.

hidden link is the website where problem appears, in the footer. This site is having both albanian and english version.
I was trying to translate titles of footer blocks ( "Infomacion", "Na kontaktoni"), which actually are in Albanian.
From my WPML Panel i saw that mentioned strings were in English, so i tried to change language of these strings. At this point i wasn't able as the option for selecting a language was impossible.
I am using Scalia theme, as well i am using latest versions of theme, wordpress and plugins.
Attached you will be able to find screenshots from panel.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

March 13, 2017 at 10:21 pm #1229366

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Usually it is caused by a JS conflict. You can use the cursor keys to select the language and then click on "enter" on the keyboard

Kind Regards,
Bobby

March 24, 2017 at 3:35 pm #1238998

gentianG

Dear Support,

You were right about javascript conflict. Now we are facing with another issue. After changing strings language and translating those strings, we have noticed that strings were not updated in front-end. They are still remaining in Albanian in both language versions of website.
What would you suggest in this case?

Kind Regards,

March 24, 2017 at 5:49 pm #1239131

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Glad to hear that you were able to change the language of strings.

May i kindly ask you to please open a new ticket regarding the translation of the strings. The two are not related this is most likely due to the origin of the string you are trying to translate.

Opening a new thread will help us narrow down on what might be causing this

Thank you !

March 25, 2017 at 10:22 am #1239408

gentianG

Thank you for your quick support.

Kind Regards,