Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mollyC 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 6, 2020 at 8:36 pm #5851831

mollyC

I'm trying to import the xliff files provided to me by the hired translators. I am not able to view the import section anywhere. I've looked up tutorials and am still not able to get the import to show under WPML > Translations.

My admin account is added to the Translation Management > translation roles section. I've also added a temporary account with permissions that also does not have the import option (as a test).

Any ideas on how to import these xliff files to the site?

April 7, 2020 at 9:17 pm #5860955

mollyC

I've since noticed the created test account (tom) wasn't additionally added to "translators". This seems to work now. Apparently you are not able to upload these files as the admin account?

April 7, 2020 at 9:31 pm #5861033

mollyC

I was able to import the .po file without issue, but when I attempt to import the xliff files, I get an error. (attached). I don't see any options to attribute a translation job number to the account, am I missing that somewhere?

April 8, 2020 at 3:14 am #5861957

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

As an admin please go to WPML->Translation Management->Translation Roles and verify that you are either added as a Translator or Translation Manager

Regarding the error you got when importing the XLIFF files, It is important to keep in mind that the files should have the same Job ID and Translator ID.

You can read more about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

April 14, 2020 at 2:09 pm #5905123

mollyC

So to add myself as a translator I had to first remove the admin account from the translator section THEN re-add the same account as a translator. After I completed that, I was able to upload files with that account.