Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
December 6, 2017 at 7:39 pm

heidiS-4

I am trying to: Remove copy and link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
The English page is: hidden link

I expected to see: Entire text and link to be removed

Instead, I got: Arrow still there

December 6, 2017 at 7:41 pm #1451191

heidiS-4

How can we maintain differences between translated pages? Currently we have an english page and 7 other languages. Some of the translated pages content needs to differ slightly. When we remove the content from the translated pages and save, the removed data/components still appears with the exception of any text copy that would require translation. If we remove the content from the english page, the translated pages are then reflected.

December 6, 2017 at 8:09 pm #1451213

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Heidi,

If I understood the issue properly, it is not possible.

We have two methods that allow you to translate a page built using page builder (blocks/components):
using the Translation editor:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

this is best suited to work with translation services, but it should keep the same layout and content.

Alternatively, you can use this other method:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/translating-content-created-with-page-builders-using-manual-translation/

this will allow you to create different layouts and content per language, but it will be messy for working with translation services as the content sent will include the shortcodes and the translator will need to discern which is the content to translate inside the page layout.

You can't use both methods on the same page as it may lead mixed content and erratic behavior.

If displaying different content per language is a must. I suggest manually translating those pages using the second alternative.

Let me know if my explanation was clear enough or if I missed something.

Kind Regards,

Otto

ps:
Server credentials (you provided them by mail) are no longer working for me. Can you please check them?

The topic ‘[Closed] Not able to make updates to in-language pages’ is closed to new replies.