If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by adriO 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 16, 2018 at 6:25 am #2416464

adriO

I noticed after a recent update of the WPML plugins that I'm not able to refund a woocommerce order. As it seems it isn't caused by the WooCommerce Multi lingual plugin. When I deactivate all WPML plugins not issue appears but as soon as I activate the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin it is there. Activating and deactivating several plugins did not help. Just with WooCommerce and the WPML plugins active shows the problem.

I'm really wondering if I'm willing to continue working with WPML. I will tell you that when a problem occurs my debugging process always starts with deactivating the WPML plugins. And, sadly to say, in 9 out 10 problems it is caused by one of your plugins. When do you get your act together? You are (self proclaimed) the best multi lingual plugin for WordPress... I doubt that more and more.

Next to that when a problem is recognized by your team it takes forever to get it solved.

I see a notice on the support page that a response delay is possible due to the load of support issues at hand. Do I elaborate more to convince you guys and girls that WPML is doing a very bad job?

June 18, 2018 at 4:37 pm #2419858

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Hello Adri, thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I'm sorry that you are frustrated, and I'll do my best to get this issue resolved quickly for you. Can you please tell me exactly what happens when you try to issue a refund? I just tested this on my local test site and was able to process a refund without any issue. I'm using default theme Twenty Seventeen and have only WooCommerce and WPML plugins installed.

We also released an update to fix some of the bugs that were in our previously released version. Could you please make sure you are using the latest release, and is the issue still happening with latest versions?

Also, please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

June 19, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2421814

adriO

I removed WPML from the site at hand and translated the needed strings using a .mo and .po file. It was only used to translate some theme strings from English into Dutch. It was not used to translate content.

So therefor no help needed for this site.

I have tested it on another site with the same theme and (after update the WPML media plugin and the WPML Translation Management plugin) I did not found issues regarding refunding orders. I'm curious what I will find when doing other tasks on that site.

What remains is that I will look into other translation solutions because I'm done with WPML.
That does not mean that I will not use it anymore but I will do anything to avoid it.
I have never, never seen a worse bunch of plugins.

Do note: it is not personal but when an issue is risen and is recognized by the support team it has to be escalated to development and from there it is all in the dark, no updates on open issues, solutions take for ever. Sometimes there is a promise that it will be solved in the next release but when I ask when the next release is, nobody can or will tell.

Seen from my end the WPML organisation is not suited to coop with its own success.