This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 6:44 pm #2779191

xusB

Hello,
I'm working on a site with Divi Theme, but I am not able to translate links inside CTA, buttons, blurbs, etc..
Not so long ago, is was possible to translate everything, but now those options had disappeared.

October 3, 2018 at 7:44 pm #2785613

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @xusb, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I believe these links are set to be translated automatically when the translation exists. Does this occur on your website?

You can also use the manual translator to modify the link on the translations:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (default language)
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- If it display a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
- Edit the links and save

Another option is to modify the XML code related to these elements. Please take a look at this guide: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ - You can add the custom XML code on WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 4, 2018 at 8:30 am #2786696

xusB

Hello
Your second proposal is a solution. But it's not the efficient way to use your plugin. The first option does nos work with links inside modules.

I have never needed to modify XML code and I do not have enough programming knowledge to do it. So, can you help me create the code for the XML that allow to translate the links on the buttons?
With that I will try to configure the rest of the fields that are missing.

All was far more simple with previus versions.

Bye

October 4, 2018 at 4:21 pm #2788193

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and create the XML code. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Please also clone the page using a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/ - This way I will be able to test the page content without editing the original page.

Regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] Not able to translate links with Divi Theme’ is closed to new replies.