This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 4, 2020 at 5:54 pm

filipK-11

Custom Titles of Theme Widgets not able to e added form admin_texts. MaxInputVars is on 1000 while jQuery('input').length needs more than 46k.

April 4, 2020 at 7:33 pm
April 4, 2020 at 9:11 pm #5839481

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I was able to translate most of the content by applying a custom XML config at WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Config.

This config forces strings from WPML -> String Translation -> Translate strings in admin texts to appear on String Translation.

Take a look here:
hidden link

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 5, 2020 at 2:08 am #5839863

filipK-11

Hi Andreas. Thank you, but I lost a lot of the pages I had translated.
ie: this is now back in english as one example:
hidden link

Do I need to re-translate these ones?
If not caused by you then is there an error with the plugin?

And some of the headlines on the home page changed back to English that I've now re-edited.

Need 'ASX CODE' changed to 编码 in the Chinese version of the site.

And the 'search' button in the menu changed to: 搜索

Can see ASX CODE and SEARCH here:
hidden link

April 5, 2020 at 2:25 am #5839949

filipK-11

Also some of the urls of the pages lost their english slug and were replaced with some long url code instead. Fixed now.

April 5, 2020 at 2:29 am #5839967

filipK-11

I'm ok with having to translate what was lost but just want to make sure there isn't a bug or that I'll lose the translations again?

Also that widget thing you placed for just chinese is perfect, as there will be code specific for the chinese site entered in there.

April 5, 2020 at 10:59 am #5841313

filipK-11

Sorry, 'ASX Code' is actually: 澳交所代码

April 5, 2020 at 12:58 pm #5841821

filipK-11

I can't find the author strings either. Let me know how you go with the theme or xml or whatever else is working.

These are the translations needed for the authors/users.
I can do them if you can tell me how...but I can't find anywhere to do it.

hidden link
Filip Karinja
Filip是Small Caps的创始人,提供全球经济、地缘政治、大宗商品和股票的分析。他还有多年的专业股票市场投资和交易经验。

hidden link
Lorna Nicholas
Lorna有超过10年的金融记者和编辑经验。她曾为众多行业出版物撰稿,涉及多个领域,包括:资源、能源、建筑、生物技术、制药、科学技术、农业和化学。专门从事资源业务的Lorna,还涉足了无数的小型和大型的澳交所股票,以及两地上市的股票。

hidden link
John Beveridge
John是一位经验丰富的商业记者,曾任Herald Sun首席商业撰稿人。他曾报道过堪培拉的联邦政治,曾任News Limited洛杉矶分社社长,还曾任Herald Sun的办公室主任。他投资过各种各样的小型和大型澳交所股票,并对采矿、技术和生物技术有特别兴趣。

hidden link
George Tchetvertakov
George是一位屡获殊荣的市场分析师,曾为世界各地的多家出版物撰写文章和评论。他写过各种各样的话题,包括金融市场、股票、交易、政治和经济。

hidden link
Imelda Cotton
Imelda Cotton拥有超过20年的新闻从业经验。她职业生涯的大部分时间都花在了资源领域,也曾直接与石油和天然气巨头合作,并担任过记者,报道过澳大利亚证券交易所资源、能源、科学和卫生领域的大量上市公司。

hidden link
Danica Cullinane
Danica在大洋州和东南亚地区拥有丰富的商业新闻写作和编辑经验。她的作品涉及石油和天然气、采矿、能源、科学研究、零售和旅游等多个行业。Danica覆盖了在澳大利亚、新加坡、香港、印度、伦敦和多伦多交易所上市的大小型股公司。

hidden link
Robin Bromby
Robin已经在新闻业工作了58年,其中32年涉及到报道资源公司。Robin曾是The Australian的记者,在报纸上撰写过无数关于矿业和石油青年的专栏,出版过许多关于矿业和投资的书籍。

April 7, 2020 at 3:05 pm #5858593

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It seems as the string "ASX Code" was not integrated with a Widget.

Now, I was not able until now to locate this string. How was it integrated into the site?

For the Page "Upcoming IPOs" I do see that it was not translated with the WPML Translation Editor, as the Editor is disabled (See screenshot).

When opening the Chinese page I see English content. Could it be that this page was created as a duplicate of English and then set to "translate independently" afterwards?

More about how to use this translation method can be found here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

I would suggest you enable the WPML Translation Editor and translate the page again.

This is the recommended way to translate when using page builders like Visual Composer (WP Bakery).
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

For the strings of the user biographical info, I have enabled the translation option at the bottom of the String Translation screen. You should be able to translate those strings now.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 7, 2020 at 11:19 pm #5861263

filipK-11

I use the wordpress editor (not WPML) as the code that will go into the Chinese site is different. One of your supporters said that was the way to do it. And yes, to duplicate it then edit it later. I did edit them to Chinese but for some reason they all reverted back to English.

"ASX Code" is the equivalent of "TAGS"...I just renamed it.
It wasn't changing the usual way recently so it's part of the Child theme. Not sure if that helps?

Ok, I'll have a look at the bios.

April 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm #5861265

filipK-11

I was able to find my author bio and edit it in strings but it didn't update the author bio page:
hidden link

Also was unable to find the string for everyone else:
hidden link
hidden link
etc.

April 9, 2020 at 2:35 am #5870977

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please install the currently used theme and the plugins needed in order to recreate the issue onto the following test-site for further investigation:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the components are installed. If you find the time, please do not hesitate to recreate the issue on this test-site and we will take further steps from there.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 9, 2020 at 3:28 am #5871375

filipK-11

Ok, will get to this later today.

Did you by any chance start deactivating plugins this morning?
I had to delete your login and some others as its ruined the look of our site. We are getting record views at the moment so had to make sure site was functioning smoothly.

With regard to the author bios...is there a way I can do those? As mentioned above the method you showed didn't work.

The 'ASX Code' translation while important isn't holding back the launch, but the author bios will.

April 9, 2020 at 7:11 am #5872461

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, in fact, I did a short test, as I wanted to make sure if it is a theme issue.

My apologies, I hope this did not cause any harm, but while deactivating a few plugins including the theme plugin for a minute I was able to identify that this is what was responsible for the page builder element that is not getting translated.

Please install the theme and its plugin on our test site and I will take further steps from there.

For the ASX string please read this documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/language-setup/

Kind regards
Andreas

April 10, 2020 at 12:58 am #5880001

filipK-11

Installed the theme and made a post:
hidden link

'TAGS' is the 'ASX CODE' equivalent on my site.

Author bio:
hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Not able to translate theme widget titles’ is closed to new replies.