Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rolandd-5 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 13, 2020 at 1:20 pm #5282821

rolandd-5

WooCommerce site with 5 languages. Dutch is site's main language.

Problem with some translations.
Examples below should be in German language.

On the checkout page, some items are not translated. See attachment 'Checkout-DE.png'.
1) Verzendkosten -> is in Dutch
2) Directe bankoverschrijving (gratis) -> is in Dutch. See attachment Directe-bankoverschrijving.png for the string translation settings.
3) Let op:.... > Is in Dutch. See attachment Let-op.png for the string translation settings.

The string translation settings are all set. They are all translated in String Translation, but not applied on the site. I also checked the plugins for translations update for new strings in 'Lokalisation of plugins and themes'. No new strings, just as those of the attachments.

In the past I had problems with translated emails. That was solved by adding this function:

/** Nodig zodat de admin order email in de juiste taal wordt. Zonder deze filter in de site's standaard taal **/
add_filter( 'wcml_new_order_admin_email_language', 'use_order_language_for_new_order_admin_email', 10, 3 );

function use_order_language_for_new_order_admin_email( $admin_language, $recipient, $order_id ){
$order_language = get_post_meta( $order_id, 'wpml_language', true );

return $order_language ? $order_language : $admin_language;
}

But after we moved the site with duplicator, this problem is back. This is related with my first issue.

BTW updating WPML and Woocommerce didn't make any difference on my test-environment.

What is going on and why are those strings not applied on the website and emails?

January 14, 2020 at 1:04 pm #5289869

rolandd-5

Can someone reply on this ticket?

Thanks in advanced.

January 14, 2020 at 1:42 pm #5290153

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Just to make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress, WooCommerce, and WPML on your staging site. But the issue is existing, am I right?

Please visit WPML>>String Translation and enable *Auto register strings for translation>>Look for strings while pages are rendered* option(on your staging site). Then check is there any difference in the result.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 15, 2020 at 7:01 am #5295153

rolandd-5

Hi Bigul,

No, still no luck. Plugins are up-to-date as is WordPress and WooCommerce.

Regards,

Roland

January 15, 2020 at 3:28 pm #5299071

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your staging site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 21, 2020 at 2:01 pm #5333107

rolandd-5

Updates WordPress, WooCommerce and WPML plugins. Issue seems to be resolved. Only one problem with translation order email completed.
Please see new ticket. #5333071