This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 1:49 pm

robA-7

I am trying to:

On my subcategory archive pages, we want to show all products in this category. There are a few missing, which we do see in the backend under the specific category (incl. subcategory). This is the case for all languages besides the one the content was originally filled in.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The total amount of items under "EASYfoam Noppenschaumstoff" should be 7, which is also showing in the backend. The front end is in showing only 6 in the menu but also on the page.

Instead, I got:
As mentioned before, only 6.

May 15, 2019 at 6:14 pm #3819431

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please purge all the cache from your site and deactivate the cache plugins. Then please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Categories (tab) and press the sync option. Please see the attached screenshot. Check if the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 15, 2019 at 6:28 pm #3819549

robA-7

Hi There,

we have tried this but it is not working. This product is an example product not showing in the correct category.

hidden link

Hope you can help us!

May 19, 2019 at 9:56 am #3841357

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and sorry for the late reply here.

The product that you bring here as an example is showing three times in your products list. Please see the attached screenshot EASYFOAM-ac2- 3-copies.jpg. It seems that for the first time, it was created in Duch language and translated into English and Dutch (Belgium) but not into German. Then I can see a copy of this product (EASYfoam AC2 (kopie)) also in the Dutch language which is translated into English, and German. And also translated into Dutch (Belgium) but it needs an update. And there is also a third EASYfoam AC2 product which was created in German but is not translated into any language. I suspect that this is the source of this problem.
Is it like that on purpose?
Could you please check it?
If you agree that this might be the source of the problem, then please delete the unwanted products and only stay with the original. Then make sure that the translations of the products and the categories are finished and updated. If needed, please read our documentation about WooCommerce Multilingual here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 19, 2019 at 6:41 pm #3842331

robA-7

Hi There,

this is not the case. But related to the fact that I tried to reproduce the bug. We are having the exact same issues on other categories & products aswell.

For example, this category:

hidden link

Also, if the count on the product categories overview page is mentioning a number (for example 8) it shouls always show 8 right?

May 21, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3857529

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I see now all the products are somehow related to the 'Acoustic category or its sub-categories.
PLease go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Categories -> Hierarchy Synchronization and sync the hierarchy. Please see the attached screenshot sync-hie.jpg. Please also make sure that you have this category and sub-categories all in the correct language. I can see that some of the sun-categories original languages are English and they are not translated. Please see the attached screenshot acoustic-cat.jpg. I'm not sure why it is like that on your site.

I hope that this will help you solve the problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 22, 2019 at 8:15 pm #3868951

robA-7

Hi There,

did you try this? We are really not satisfied with the depth of the answers. We see severe problems and this does not seem to help us at al.

For example, see this page:

hidden link

Only showing 3 products, while the backend has 6 products.

hidden link

We are really desperate and are thinking about re-entering everything by hand.

Please let me know!

May 22, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3869209

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the answers. Part of it is a language issue. It is hard for me to get around the admin section when it is not in English. Usually, I can switch the admin to English in Users -> My Profile. But there is another problem on your site that this section in the profile screen is missing. Please see the attached screenshot missing-en.jpg.
But anyhow this is not the problem that you are complaining about.

In any case, thanks for following my suggestions. Here is what I would like to ask you now.
1. Take a backup of the DB of your site.
2. Please try WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting section here.
hidden link
3. Please use all the options that need attention. Please see the attached screenshot troubleshooting-wm.jpg

If the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting section does not help to solve the problem the please try WPML's troubleshooting section here.
hidden link
I can see also there many issues that need attention. Try the following buttons.
Press each button at a time and wait for the process to complete.
- 'Clear the cache in WPML'
- 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables'
- 'Fix element_type collation'
- 'Set language information'
- 'Assign translation status to duplicated content'
- 'Set language information'
- 'Fix terms count'
- 'Fix post type assignment for translations'
And the 'Vertaalbare taxonomieën worden gelinkt' section with all the missing relations of taxonomies.
But please first try the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting section.

**** Important! Please make a full backup of the DB before you proceed with those steps****

Regards,
Itamar.

May 28, 2019 at 10:43 am #3905765

robA-7

Hi There,

we have tried all of these options before sending you a message. What can we do further? I do not have the option to change the backend name because the website is in dutch as standard. If you are sure, then we can change the standard language of the website. Hope that this helps!

May 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3907829

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for checking all those things.

I've checked things on your site thoroughly, and I've found out that the issue is a combination of trashed products and unfinished translations. I've also recorded a video, and you can see it at the link below. I've examined the following category page.
hidden link
And I've found out that the missing product is the EASYFOAM AC2 product. Then I could see that this product was sent to the trash section of the German language, so I've restored it from the trash section. After doing that I've noticed that translations of the original EASYFOAM AC2 product in Dutch into the other languages were not finished. So I've edited the translations and marked them as complete. Then in the German products list, I could see two other instances of the EASYFOAM AC2 product. So I've checked which is the correct translation, and I've sent the two other translations to the trash section. But to be sure that problems like that will not occur again I've permanently deleted them from the trash section. It is important to permanently delete products, posts, and pages from the trash section if they are translations. Otherwise, problems like that can happen. Currently, I can see that you have a lot of trashed products. Mainly in the Flemish and Dutch languages. So if you are also getting this problem of missing products or duplicated products on other product category pages, please check if there are no trashed translation and translations that are not connected to the original product. Please see the video that I've recorded here hidden link

I hope that this information would help you solve this problem on your site.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 28, 2019 at 7:37 pm #3909797

robA-7

Hi Itamar,

thanks for the extensive reply. I do think that we are almost there. The item you saw, was a test item which I used to check hoe we could fix this. One other, maybe more realistic example is the following:

hidden link

This product, is the exact translation of the dutch version of the product. But not visible on the category page of the product in german:

hidden link

I do see that there is a finished translated version of the product:

hidden link

Please let me know how we can fix this. We have made a list of items which are not visible:

hidden link

I hope you can help me, we are almost there!

May 29, 2019 at 10:56 pm #3918961

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'll check this issue and get back to your here.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

May 30, 2019 at 2:54 pm #3924005

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've checked things on your site regarding the product (Buzziland) that you have shared with me. I've found that the translation of the product was not made with WPML's Translation Editor, which is the recommended way of translating WooCommerce products. When I've enabled WPML's Translation Editor, I could see that probably in the past the translation this product was made with the Translation Editor. So all I needed to do is to re-save the German translation in the Translation Editor. After that, the Buzziland product is now showing on the category page. Please see the attached screenshot. Please see the video that I've recorded here
hidden link
Please perform this operation for all the rest of the products that are not showing on the category pages. I think that it will correct the issue.

Please also review our documentation at the following link on how to work with WPML and WooCommerce and translate products.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 31, 2019 at 9:29 am #3929037

robA-7

Hi Itamar,

thanks! That seems to help. So we do not use "Woocommerce Multilangual" under the WooCommerce tab? Or only for categories etc.?

June 2, 2019 at 7:57 pm #3938227

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm glad that it seems to help.

You ask: "So we do not use "Woocommerce Multilangual" under the WooCommerce tab? Or only for categories etc.?"

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question, but you should definitely use the WooCommerce Multilingual screen for all its options.

You can edit the translations of the product in two places WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products (tab). Or in Products -> All Products when you select any of the languages. The convenient place is in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual.

Please see our documentation here.

Best Regards,
Itamar.