Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 1:31 pm #2120621

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

I am trying to: translate the website in a new language (Arabic) however, I noticed that not all media (pictures) are available for this language in the library. For other languages I have the same media available.

I expected to see: all pictures of the media library available for all languages including the Arabic language that I am implementing

Instead:only few images are available in Arabic

How could duplicate in bulk all media to the new language (Arabic) library?

Thanks in advance.

Fabio.

May 15, 2018 at 6:22 am #2129148

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Fabio.

Go to WPML -> Media Translation and make sure that all the options are checked. Especially make sure that the 'Duplicate existing media for translated content' is checked and press the 'Start' button. Also make sure to check and apply all the options in the 'How to handle media for new content:' section.
Please read in our documentation about the Media Translation options.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 15, 2018 at 8:56 pm #2147570

anitaK-2

Dear Itamar,

Thank you for your reply. Before implementing the procedure I would need a clarification.

I have other 3 languages currently running fine with the media already duplicated. By pressing the start button, could you please confirm that the media will not be duplicated for the other 3 languages already working and only the new language will be affected?
I would like to avoid duplicating the images for those languages which already have the media translated.

Thanks in advance,

Fabio.

May 16, 2018 at 11:46 am #2156160

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Fabio.

I can confirm that this process will only duplicate the images to the language where they are missing. In any case and for your information, this process is done in the DB by duplicating the media attachments and not by actually duplicating the images files themselves.

Nevertheless, if you are concern about anything I would recommend taking a full site back before proceeding with this process.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Not all media available for a new languagge’ is closed to new replies.