This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 21, 2019 at 8:48 pm #3230009

kaloyanG

I am trying to synchronize posts' taxonomies between two languages so when primary language post is updated, the translated post taxonomies are checked/unchecked (synced).

Went through almost every topic on the forum and still wasn't able to find a proper solution. The behavior is quite strange, when the primary language post i updated, only 2 terms of the taxonomy are synced. If I update the primary post again, another 2 terms are synced, and so on.

When I use "Synchronize posts taxonomies" from the troubleshooting page, everything syncs correctly. But it's not user friendly for the client managing the website.

More about the setup:
- each of the terms in the taxonomy are translated in both languages
- taxonomy hierarchy says it is synchronized
- "Copy taxonomy to translations" is enabled

What I've tried:
- turning all plugins on/off except the WPML ones
- increasing php value input_max_vars up to 5000
- delete and create all taxonomy terms

Nothing has worked so far and it keeps syncing only 2 at a time and I cannot ask the client to update each page twice when needed. Would really be happy to find a solution to this problem.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

February 22, 2019 at 1:48 pm #3232631

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

As Laura has told you in the chat, custom code is out of scope. But i also believe it is a weird issue.
If you would like to reproduce this issue using our plugin Toolset Types, i would push this to our developers for further investigation.

I have created a test server, credentials are in the private message, the site have Toolset Types already installed.
Please configure WPML and create a custom post type, a custom taxonomie and try to reproduce this error.

Let me know if this suites you.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] Not all taxonomies are syncing. Only 2 at a time.’ is closed to new replies.