This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translation missing images and footer text not translatable and WPBakery Row Heading not translated

Solution: Before translating a post or pages make sure to mark the Media Attachment settings for duplicating the media files. The footer text has been translated after adding the string from String Translation option "translate texts in admin screens" The WPBakery row settings been translatable after adding a custom XML config for the row settings title.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/ https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/ https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sabrenaS 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 9:40 pm

sabrenaS

I am trying to:
Translate my site
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
All of the text to have been translated, without the style issues I see present
Instead, I got: Some of the H4 & H6 tagged headers on the page didn't were not added to the translation job. Also some of the CSS looks like it didn't come over as I see some sections are missing a bg image or color. I also am not sure how to get the text in the Slider Revolution slides on the homepage translated.
I uploaded an image of a side-by-side comparison of the orginal and translated pages missing the background images/colors.

March 12, 2019 at 10:25 pm #3328687

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please before translating a post or pages make sure to mark the Media Attachment settings for duplicating the media files. (See screenshot)

Then I synchronized the menu at WPML -> WP Menus Sync. You will now see a notification that tells you that some menu strings will need to be translated on String Translation. Please complete those tasks as well.

Could you please let me know how you created the grey banner right under the header on the french Frontpage?

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 13, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3335013

sabrenaS

Hello Andreas and thanks for the help! I've sent the menu strings for translation as requested.

In regards to the grey and image backgrounds, they look like they are coming from inline style sheets from Visual Composer, here is the CSS on the English page:

<style type="text/css" data-type="vc_shortcodes-custom-css">.vc_custom_1486794931097{background-image: url(<em><u>hidden link</u></em>) !important;background-position: center !important;background-repeat: no-repeat !important;background-size: cover !important;}.vc_custom_1484629379895{background-color: #4b4747 !important;}.vc_custom_1484629363388{padding-top: 0px !important;padding-right: 10% !important;padding-bottom: 50px !important;padding-left: 10% !important;background-color: #4b4747 !important;}.vc_custom_1484259303423{padding-top: 48px !important;padding-right: 10% !important;padding-bottom: 25px !important;padding-left: 10% !important;background-color: #dddddd !important;}</style><noscript><style type="text/css"> .wpb_animate_when_almost_visible { opacity: 1; }</style></noscript>    </head>

I'm also still not sure how to fix the few pieces of text that didn't get translated. For example on the home page: hidden link
About a third of the way down the page you will see the text "What we offer" & "And how it's used". These are just text in an h4 & h6 tag respectively. I've included a screenshot for reference.

Thanks again for your help!

March 13, 2019 at 11:08 pm #3338745

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I do have a question here.

How were those heading created? I was trying to find them in the theme options on frontend, and on WPBakery but I was not able to find them.

Could you please give me more detail about how those elements were built? Please also make sure to update your Unik Theme, as there is one available.

You can further scan themes and plugins for strings at WPML -> Theme and Plugin localization. Afterwards, strings should be available on String Translation. In case they are not please let me know.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 14, 2019 at 8:54 pm #3348435

sabrenaS

I will update the theme this evening. Those headings were created in the "Row Settings" options in Visual Composer, specifically the "Row Title" and "Row Intro" fields. I have uploaded an image showing the exact options.

Worst case scenario, is there a separate file for the html of the translated page that I could manually edit if needed? I would obviously prefer to have it all done the right way so there are no issues moving forward but time is becoming an issue.

March 14, 2019 at 8:55 pm #3348437

sabrenaS

Sorry forgot to upload the image. This is the row settings in Visual Composer where those H4 & H6 tags are coming from.

March 14, 2019 at 10:53 pm #3349023

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message and the screenshot.

I was able to make those string available inside the Translation Editor by adding a custom XML config at WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Config.

The strings are now available. Please proceed by translating your homepage again.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm #3392799

sabrenaS

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the help so far, I think we are almost there! I updated the theme and all plugins that were out of date on the site. This did help with some of the weird strings on pages that were not getting translated. I also went back to any page missing a bg image and made sure to select the copy media option like you also suggested.

The only issues I still seem to have is the fields on the contact form on both the home page and contact page (Uses WPforms plugin), the grey bg areas I previously mentioned were now showing as white (This is still happening after the theme update), and how do I get the text on my slides in Slider Revolution translated? I read the directions on the WPML site for this plugin but it never mentions how I go about actually getting the text translated.

Thanks!

March 20, 2019 at 7:26 pm #3392839

sabrenaS

I forgot to mention the bg images on the individual project pages (Links below) also did not come over even after selecting to copy media and have the page re-translated and updating the theme. (Still looks like the first image I uploaded in this thread)

Pages this is happening on:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

March 20, 2019 at 10:31 pm #3393859

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

About the WP-Form background do I understand right, that you used the color #ededed (gray) as form background for this section? Please take a look at your homepage. I have set the color up.

Now, please translate the page again and let me know if the French translation adapted the same style.

For Slider Revolution could you please follow the steps in the following documentation and let me know if it solves the issue:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

For the other product pages I entered the translation again and marked them again as complete, no matter if they been already on 100%. This updated the content.

Let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 22, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3442765

sabrenaS

Hi Andreas,

I think you misunderstood. The WP-Forms and the background colors are separate issues. I'll break it all down so it's less jumbled:

1. The WP-forms issue is that the field names are not being translated. The WP-forms contact form is located on the home page: hidden link and the contact page: hidden link
I have uploaded the picture named: ContactForm.png to illustrate the issue.

2. For the Slider Revolution slides, I have already followed the linked instructions but no where in those instructions does it explain how I would actually get the text translated. I followed all the steps but at the end it says "Add your translated text to the slide..." but it never tells you how to get that text translated. How do I submit the text on the slides for translation?

3. The background images and the grey colored sections are in the product pages I linked in my last post. I have uploaded two new pictures to show you exactly what I mean. Please see Fidlock_English.png for how the page should look with colored section and background image, and see Fidlock_French.png for how the translated page looks and you will see it's missing the background image in the top section and the grey background color in the lower section to the left.

4. The background image is also missing on the contact page, as well as a grey colored section just like the above mentioned product pages. I have uploaded two images showing how the translated page looks and how the English page looks. Please see image Contact_English.png for the correct way the page should look and Contact_French.png for how it currently looks.

5. I'm still finding random texts that did not get translated on pages. This is happening on the Products page: hidden link
And the services page: hidden link
You can see the headings and subheadings on these pages are not translated. These are just like the other H4 & H6 tagged text that I was having the problem with on other pages but for some reason these two pages did not get fixed. I have uploaded two images showing this: Services.png and products.png

Thanks for your help!

March 22, 2019 at 5:20 pm #3442957

sabrenaS

Just to clarify, the pages that are having issues with missing background images and colored sections are only on the following pages:
Contact page: hidden link
Fidlock page: hidden link

It is actually fixed on the rest of the pages.

March 22, 2019 at 6:41 pm #3443637

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

For translating the WPForms, you have to create one Form per language like Contact Form 7 forms. This way you will obtain a shortcode with a special ID for each for: this shortcode needs to be used to visualize the form on each page. WPForms is not providing an option to translate the Form strings like Gravity Forms. You can duplicate the current form and edit it strings to the desired language. Then use the newly created form shortcode.

Please check the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-edit-dropdown-of-wpforms-lite/

For Slider Revolution go back to the Slide Editor tab. (Pencil on each Slider Element)
Click on the slide that you want to translate then click on the “+” icon and choose the language you want to translate the slide into.
Click on the flag of the language you have chosen, then click on Edit Slide.
Add your translated text to the slide and then click the Save icon.

About the both backgrounds for the pages Contact and Fidlock the custom XML configuration was added already. After confirming the translation for these pages again the backgrounds were available.

The headings on the pages A+ Service and Products were available after enabling to duplicate media attachment for the translated content inside the language option. You can now complete the translation for these pages.

Let me know if you do have any further question.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 25, 2019 at 9:51 pm #3458347

sabrenaS

Hi Andreas,

I hope you had a great weekend. I was able to fix all of the above issues, I haven't done the contact form but I will try to get to that tomorrow. But I did find two more items that I'm not sure how to translate:

1. The footer information. This was created in the theme using the Tesla Theme framework. I've uploaded a picture showing how it was created in WordPress

2. The events and their details are not translated. We use the EventON plugin for our events. This was previously not working and I was able to fix it recently so I only just noticed it had not been translated.

Thanks again for all the help!

March 26, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3463263

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am glad to hear that we are making progress.

I have connected again to your website and I was able to add the footer text to String Translation. You can find it by selecting the respective domain from the screenshot.

For the events please try to translate them again now, as I adjusted a setting in regards to this post type.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas