This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 5:47 pm

gianlucaA-6

I am trying to use the plug-in to translate the page; even if I put the translated text in the translation string fields, texts are shown incorrectly.

June 28, 2019 at 7:20 pm #4110001

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

The item under WPML String Translation for the Menu Labels (screenshot) is not the correct string for what is showing in your front end menu.

therefore translating this in the String Translation dashboard will not take an effect in the front end as it is not the same string.

to verify this i did a test with the menu item Servizi , changed its translation in the backend and it did not take effect in the front end.

to translate the menu you have to go to Appearance->Menus->Add a menu translation (screenshot)

also how are you currently adding the content to your front page ? is this added using custom code?

July 4, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4145657

gianlucaA-6

ok, I solved for the menu... a little bit complicated but now it works... I still have the same problem related to the front page... see new screenshot... how to change the string "About Us"?

July 5, 2019 at 8:26 am #4149019

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

glad to hear the menu translation has been resolved

how are you currently adding the content to your front page ? is this added using custom code?

when i go to your staging site's backend and review the edit page and translation for the home page i see a blank page for both default language and translation but in the front end it shows as expected

The topic ‘[Closed] not all translated texts appear’ is closed to new replies.