Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Patty Brummelman 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 11:14 am

Patty Brummelman

I am trying to translate the texts of the homepage to all different languages

I expected to see the same translatable fields for each language. When I translate to English, I see all textfields in WPML translation editor. When I try to do it for French, I only see a few.

In a different thread you told me to add a memory limit in the wp-config. I did this and cleared the cache, but it still gives me the same result (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/headline-in-wpbakery-page-builder-not-translatable/#post-3922451)

May 30, 2019 at 1:12 pm #3923109

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

It looks like the strings for the French content are translated via String Translation. Typically this happens when switching the way a page is translated (manual translation, WPML editor, Advanced Editor, etc).

I recommend continuing to translate via string translation. If you want to use the editor, you can try deleting the page builder package from WPML -> Packages (home page is ID 504) and then delete those strings as well. Then, save the original, and try using the translation editor. Please be warned that this method will require you to translate all of the strings, as the translations will be lost once the package and strings are removed.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

June 3, 2019 at 8:12 am #3940075

Patty Brummelman

I do need it to work in the way I described, as the ones working with it will probably not be able to find make it work like this.
But since it's planned to update the frontpage, I will leave it as is. Assuming when I create a new page, this problem won't be here as I read your solution correct.
Thank you

June 3, 2019 at 8:13 am #3940081

Patty Brummelman

-