Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
February 7, 2018 at 4:08 pm

olegM-4

The main problem is that languaqe strings are changing. For example: I open page in 1st languaqe it shows correct translation, but after 5-6 updates of page in some places are shown translation strings from 2nd languaqe. I think the reason is changing text in theme settings. Help me find solution of problem

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

February 8, 2018 at 9:46 pm #1512178

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you please share with me the URL of a page where you are seeing the strings change language? Also, please tell me exactly which strings are reverting to the wrong language. A screenshot may best help me understand.

You mentioned about theme strings changing. Are you changing the strings in the theme settings? If so, are you using the admin language switcher to try and add different strings per language? If so, this is not the correct way. To translate strings in the theme, you should go to WPML -> String Translation and look for the theme strings and translate them there.

Once I have more information about which strings are not showing correctly, I will be happy to continue troubleshooting. Thanks!

February 9, 2018 at 8:33 am #1512430

olegM-4

Private message

February 9, 2018 at 1:48 pm #1512890

Lauren
Supporter

The next reply has been marked as private.

February 14, 2018 at 8:14 am
February 14, 2018 at 4:42 pm #1517998

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the additional information. The tab names are coming from the options in the Design AddListing plugin. I was able to locate the string in the admin texts, but it's a very long, complicated string involving an array within an array (see attached screenshot). It looks like this plugin is not compatible with WPML.

We would be happy to reach out to the author to see if he would like to work together to make our plugins compatible. Please keep in mind that this could take some time. You can also suggest the plugin's author to join our Go Global Program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/). If you have direct contact for the theme author, please provide in the next reply so that we can get in touch. I have marked the next reply as private.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 11.38.31 AM.png
February 14, 2018 at 5:38 pm
February 14, 2018 at 7:04 pm #1518164

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending contact info. I've escalated this to our compatibility team so they can reach out to the author. Please keep in mind that a timely resolution may depend on how quickly we hear back from the author.

As for translations, they are stored in the database (string translations are stored in wp_icl_string_translations table). Usually texts from the wp_options table can be translated via String Translation, but I think due to how the plugin is displaying the strings, the translations are not showing up. There is a similar ticket that you may want to follow along with here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-cant-properly-translate-content-and-localize-theme/

I will also reply back here as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience while we try to resolve this.

March 20, 2018 at 9:14 pm #1551579

olegM-4

Hi. What you found out ?

July 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm #9310433

Lauren
Supporter

The theme author has been invited to join the Go Global program so we can help make it compatible.