Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by steveM-6 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 8, 2019 at 4:40 pm #3294278

hooiC

I am trying to: On german site, click on JETZT KAFEN(BUY NOW). select a product, click on IN DEN WARENKORB (ADD TO CART), then go to the CART symbol, click on WARENKORB ENZEGEN(VIEW CART). Then click on the button WEITER ZU KASSE(proceed to checkout) below. It takes you back to the same page. it should have gone to the KASSE(checkout) page. if you click on KASSE on the CART symbol. same thing happened.
while you have an order in the shopping cart, switch language to French. then click on ACHETE MAINTENANT(BUY NOW) button. then click on VOIR PANIER (view cart), you get a message: Votre panier est actuellement vide( your shopping cart is currently empty). in summary : the 2 buttons on the CART symbol at the top of menu are not working and the button: proceed to checkout are not working. please can you help to fix as this is rather urgent.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 8, 2019 at 4:44 pm #3294380

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

This issue has been related to cache plugins in the past. Please deactivate all cache plugins and double check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists then I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

March 8, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3294402

hooiC

Hi can it cause any issue if I turn off the 2 cache plugins - varnish and w3 total cache. can i put activate them again without having to add codes?

March 8, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3294414

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

You shouldn't have any issues, however it's a good practice to create a full backup of the site before making any change.

Note: The varnish plugin presented several conflicts with WPML in the past, so I would start deactivating that one first and double checking if the issue disappeared.

Regards,
Carlos

March 8, 2019 at 5:31 pm #3294652

hooiC

Hi deactivating the cache has not resolved the checkout issue. nor deactivating all the plugins . If you hover over the checkout on the cart symbol and hover over the proceed to checkout button, you will find the url/auschecken which I don't recall translating the checkout. it should be Kasse. this problem the same for French, italy, dutch and spain. I did give this issue to another wpml support but she couldn't help me. she said the checkout is hardcoded in Avada/WooCommerce/Cart/cart-totals.php. can we see this php in the wp/admin? i can't access these files in the folder. I have no idea why this would affect it. originally when we have only ireland and german sites in the live site, this has worked ie we can get to checkout etc. these sites now removed from live site as it was slowing down the website. the language sites are in the dev site.

March 8, 2019 at 6:29 pm #3294946

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Could you tell me if the issue persists with a default WordPress theme like Twenty Nineteen?

Regards,
Carlos

March 8, 2019 at 9:36 pm #3295612

hooiC

hi Carlos I don't understand . how and where do i change this to Twenty nineteen? also will it affect the files when switching from one to another?

March 10, 2019 at 10:19 am #3303603

hooiC

this issue needs to be resolved urgently. due to time difference, I am geting someone else to help

March 11, 2019 at 11:52 am #3310489

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I understand. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need my help in the future. I will be more than happy to help.
Regards,
Carlos

December 9, 2019 at 5:47 pm #5094797

steveM-6

I am also getting this problem, my site is in Spanish (default language) and English. In the shop page, when I have added a product to the basket, if I click on "ver carrito" it takes me to the checkout page (caja) instead of the basket page (carro).

The pages have been translated using the translation editor, so caja=checkout and carro=cart so I don't know where this is coming from so that I can change it.

When I hover on the "ver carrito" hyperlink, this is the address that it directs to:

hidden link

This is the same in the English shop.