This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 2:52 pm #3785877

llanosF

I am trying to show a language switcher in the main menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see the menu running on top

Instead, I got nothing visible, attached an image with the settings for the menu

Thxs!!

May 10, 2019 at 3:07 pm #3786003

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, there is a language switcher in the menu already (I am attaching a screenshot) but it shows only English for the moment probably because the homepage is not translated in the other language yet.

Can you please let me know if that's what you are referring to?

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 10, 2019 at 4:04 pm #3786441

llanosF

Hi,
Ok, I didn't know that...anyway, how do I create the translated pages for my site? I want to manually translate them as well
Thxs!!

May 10, 2019 at 5:06 pm #3786955

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Sure, no worries.

I recommend that you take a look over the documentation in the link below and that should help you understand the translation process better:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/

I hope that you will find that link helpful.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week in case you need more help in the upcoming days.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 13, 2019 at 10:20 am #3796817

llanosF

Hi!,
I proceeded to clone my pages but I can not install the Translation Management, it doesn't appear in the plugins section. I attached two images, the first one is the screenshot showing that I must install the plugin, the I click install and (in the second screenshot) I don't see that plugin...
ThXs!!

May 14, 2019 at 8:10 am #3804615

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

In order to use Translation Management (for Page-builders support), you would need to be at least on the middle membership plan from the table in the link below:
https://wpml.org/purchase/

Kind regards,

Mihai

May 14, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3806607

llanosF

Hi,
But here you say that it is a problem with the WP theme not the license...

https://wpml.org/faq/language-setup/

Thxs!

May 15, 2019 at 10:44 am #3815047

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

So, in your last reply here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/not-displayed-wpmls-language-switchers-in-menu/#post-3796817), you said that you can't install Translation Management. So, in order to be able to do that, you would need to have at least the middle membership.

The link that you gave me is referring to a situation where you can't find strings with WPML String Translation (this plugin also comes with the middle membership, so you can't install it while being on your current membership level).

After you update your membership to at least the "Multilingual CMS" one, you should be able to download, install and use both of the plugins and search for strings.

I hope that this answers your questions.

In our forum, we are trying to take care of one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

This ticket was about the language switcher so if that is resolved, can you please mark this current ticket as resolved and open a new one for any other additional issues?

Thank you very much for your understanding and I'm looking forward to us to meet again in the forum.

You can also assign tickets directly to me when you create a new ticket (you will be asked if you want to assign it to someone specific) if you would like to do that. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai