This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.41 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 7:26 am #4344687

jayA-3

We've been trying to use WOOF product filters in combination with WPML but have come across an issue where WOOF sliders aren't displaying in languages other than the site's default language. In this situation it's about products that have custom traits suchs as width, length and more, we've decided to use WOOF sliders for these traits but as just stated, the sliders aren't displaying on other languages;

here's the Dutch (default language) shop page: hidden link
and the German page: hidden link

To answer some of the foreseeable questions; we have translated test products to all languages including length traits and such. The filter is placed as a widget in the sidebar and we've tried using 1 widget for all languages and using separate widgets for each language (the latter is how it's setup right now).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

August 6, 2019 at 9:29 am #4345703

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

It seems that German is hidden, I might need a user/password to see the issue on the German website. The private box is activated to share credentials safely.
Would it be possible to attach screenshots of the issue?

Best regards,
Jamal

August 6, 2019 at 10:21 am #4346249

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

It seems that both attributes (Lengte and Breedte (gemiddeld)) have untranslated attributes. See the attached images(length-attribute-not-translated.png, wc-status-attribtues-not-translated.png, and breedte-attribute-not-translated.png).

You can translate/duplicate them in batch through WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Status->Troubleshooting(link in the bottom of the page). See the attached image(wc-troubleshooting-duplicate-attribute-terms.png).

I hope this helps. Let me know how it works.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 6, 2019 at 10:45 am #4346559

jayA-3

Hi Jamal,

I've translated the terms Lengte and Breedte (gemiddeld). Doesn't help anything. Can you take a look again?

Looking forward hearing from you!

August 7, 2019 at 10:39 am #4353891

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Jay,

I'm taking over this ticket because I speak German and can take a closer look at your filter attributes. I hope you don't mind.

I had not long time ago a ticket regarding the WOOF Product filter, and we provided a working solution. It is a compatibility problem. We have reported this to the plugin author and provided him with a workaround, but he didn't include it in his plugin. Please add the two changes on your production page as described by my colleague here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/translating-custom-taxonomy-labels-with-wpml/

#1 WPML -> Settings-> Custom XML configuration

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="woof_settings">
      <key name="custom_tax_label">
        <key name="*"/>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

#2 PHP Change
classes/helper.php

if (is_object($taxonomy_info)) {
    $string = $woof_settings['custom_tax_label'][$taxonomy_info->name];
}

With these settings, I was able to get the filters running on a Cloudways hosting environment. Please let me know how it's going.

Best Marcel

August 8, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4363733

jayA-3

Works like a charm! Except: the title of the filters has dissappeared...

August 12, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4380965

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Jay,

Great to hear that it worked. Could you please try to translate this textdomain? hidden link

Best Marcel

August 19, 2019 at 8:50 am #4414729

jayA-3

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your response. That's not the issue. The titles have also been removed from the Dutch language...

August 19, 2019 at 10:14 am #4415097

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Jay,
My name is Carlos and I will be taking this ticket from now long because my colleagues Jamal and Marcel are on vacations. I hope you are OK with this.

I have read the ticket and I don't understand you last message. Marcel asked to translate the text domain 'admin_texts_woof_settings' and you replied: "That's not the issue. The titles have also been removed from the Dutch language..."

Could you elaborate a little more si I can have a better understanding?

Regards,
Carlos

August 19, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4416981

jayA-3

Apologies for not explaining in further detail, here goes;

I've used the link provided by Marcel to translate some of the strings but the issue persists and now all the titles for sliders and checkboxes in the filter have dissapeared, even in the base language of the website. This happened right after translating those strings... There are <h4> elements where the titles are supposed to go but there's nothing except an :after

Any help would be greatly appreciated

August 20, 2019 at 8:38 am #4421647

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Jay,
Thank you very much for your message.

I can see that there are several outdated plugins and the theme is also outdated. Could you update this outdated plugins and theme and double check if the issue persists?

Note: Please check it with and without the changes provided by Marcel, just to be sure.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos