This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Yann Tavernier

Hi Support Team!
OK, so I only use the WPML multilanguage CMS, not any other plugin. Although our site has 2 languages, we don't need translation as in we translate all text ourselves. So nothing should be done automatically. That always works fine, but this time we're using Woocommerce as well. It seems that some parts of the Woocommerce interface have been translated, but some other parts are not. What can I do?

Examples in screens below.
Dutch: hidden link
English: hidden link

So without doing any specific action, most of Woo's interface is translated, but not all.
I've tried everything.
Please save my life 😉

August 7, 2019 at 5:57 am #4352171

Yann Tavernier

I had to point the domain to another IP, so you'll have to change the host files locally to attend to this problem.

August 7, 2019 at 12:25 pm #4354953

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, thanks for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. To fully translate WooCommerce, you will need to use WooCommerce Multilingual add-on, which requires the String Translation and the Translation Management add-ons as well. Once those are activated, you will be able to translate WooCommerce strings via String Translation, and set products and taxonomies as translatable as needed.

Without at least the String Translation plugin, you will not be able to translate all of the WooCommerce strings.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.